Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have favorite jeans?

Do you have favorite jeans?

The comments about the silly mom jeans with knee windows got me to wondering what kind of jeans do "mature" women buy? If you can't tolerate tight spandex and hate the way most jeans make you look, have you found anything that you do like? Can we mention brands on here?
    Have you found a brand and style that works for you?

Power Poster
    I like the jeans with 2 %spandex added for comfort. I also want my jeans to come all the way to the waist. No low rise jeans for this old girl. Brand names don't matter, I just try on a bunch until I find a pair that fits well.

Right now my favorite to wear around the house are Lee Riders Curvy Skinny petite pants. Not really jeans but look like denim, I'm 5' 2". They are the perfect length and not baggy but not skin tight. They are very comfortable. The curvy fit means the waist is where the waist should be and not on the hips. No holes and no sparkly or gaudy back pockets. Very slimming and look great with slip on flats and a nice top. 123 I'm ready for the day at home, to go shopping, or out and about. Inexpensive too! I don't mind wearing them to do yard work or housework and worry if I mess them up.
    I love my life!

I like the 2% spandex, too. My favorites at present are some made by Harley Davidson and only available online for some reason. I bought 1 pair at $40 and liked them so well, I bought a second. Great price for really sturdy jeans that aren't too fitted. Since they are made for straddling a bike, there's extra thigh room and they don't bind. I really like that.

I had some Talbots gift cards and bought a pair from them. They are really nice and a bit dressier than the HD ones. I wear that pair to the office with a jacket. Dark wash and like I say a bit dressier.
    Patrice S

I, too, like the 2% spandex. I personally prefer the hip-height waist vs the full height waist. I find that the 'normal' waist height is too high for me - I'm 5'2" as well. And I get the short/petite version as the length is good as well as the rise from crotch to waist is better suited to my size. I'd have to look at what brand I've been wearing. Have not bought new jeans in a few years now. But I do really like what I've been wearing - obviously. And equally obviously, they hold up really well!

Lane Bryant jeans is what I wear. Expensive but so comfortable. The Sales Lady also helps when getting the correct fit for my body type.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Blog Entries
    I have a favorite pair that's about eight years old and wearing thin. They're Lee jeans but they don't make that style any more. They have a bit of spandex but the thing I like best is the way the waistband fits. It has a soft elastic backing so it fits without gapping.

I like the version of Gloria Vanderbilt that Costco used to carry -- they had a little stretch and wide-ish legs (the new legs are too narrow for me).
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Blog Entries
    i like a brand at Avenue. it has some spandex, and this my pink ones are my favorite. they go with everything. I should have bought 2 pairs. they were about $50-55 and worth every penny. they are very great there, and like Romans, will help you while your in the room half naked, they will run and get you another size, style or color.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

I love the Knit Jeans I bought at Catherines. They have spandex and are not baggy and fit well without being too tight. They are so comfy.
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast