Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have a "GO" bag?

Blog Entries
    I have 2 bags ready too. One has strips partially hand sewn. Other has blocks, needles, thread, school scissors, small ruler, candy, chewing gum. etc. Gotta be prepared. I can sit, but hands have to be busy. Like you all.

It is always great to have hand work to do while you wait. I am amazed at how much I can get done in what would be wasted time if I did not carry my sewing bag.

I have a bag with needles, some thread, scissors, etc for doing handwork when we go on a trip. I usually like to save my hand sewing of my bindings for a trip.

Blog Entries
    does hauling half my sewing room around in the trunk count? LOL
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

I also have an eddres you can use if you need to contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community: patricej@quiltingboard.com

I have three go bags, one for work travel loaded with the travel essentials, one for plane entertainment with magazines and small projects, and the third is a small bag of travel food essentials .. some nuts, crackers, cough drops. These go bags sometimes all "go" or sometimes one or any combination of the three. Oh it just occured to me .. I have a fourth.. a go bag of fabrics that I am seaching for coordiates.. so if I am headed to a LQS I can grab it.

Now I usually just grab my NOOK but when the kids were in school and I was involved in many different school and community committees I had a GO" bag for each committee. Carried all my notes and any things that needed worked on.
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

I have a basket also, and i get alot done.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

My chicken scratch quilt is in my "doctor's waiting room bag"...

I have a go bag that was a freebie from the mall my daughter worked at. It is about 14 x 20 canvas. Inside I keep a folder that a friend embellished with scrap papers and an old measuring tape, so very sturdy. The folder is great for taking appliqué blocks so they don't wrinkle. My supplies are in one of those multiple zipper thread bags that has the swade and plastic strips that rolls up with a ribbon tie. (if something happened to my thread bag would need to replace immediately). My DH, family and co-workers know I go everywhere with this bag and a project. You know idol hands.....

I don't do much handwork but I always have a book stashed in my car in case I wind up waiting in line somewhere.
    Pat

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast