Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have a "GO" bag?

Blog Entries

Do you have a "GO" bag?

I heard the term on Criminal Minds a long time ago, and that is what I started calling the little suitcase I take with me on any trip longer than into town and back. It has all kinds of hand sewing stuff in it. Felt, scraps of fabric, notions, thread, needles.........
    Mine is a cloth "Studio" bag I got at a street sale. It sits nicely on my lap in the car and has pockets to help keep everything organized. The rest of the stuff is in baggies, etc. I also keep it stocked with a variety of projects that just need hand work and embelishments, like needle cases and small bags, etc.
    I am the type that needs to be busy. I cannot just ride in the car, so DH is used to my bag. I can even carry it in to places, stadiums, dr. offices, hospitals......
    Am I odd? or is this something we all do? Curious minds want to know.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Power Poster
    I make up a bag when I have an appointment that I know I' m going to have to wait for. I usually bring my knitting or crochet.

Blog Entries
    Mine is in a small basket..was a small shopping bag until it fell all apart. I take that basket all over the place! We have a group that meets at the local library once a month called "Threads". It is growing by the month with quilters, knitters, crocheter, etc. It is so much fun and that was the start of my basket of work. Right now it is full of cross stitch squares but I have finished binding quilts there, applique, etc. all while enjoying the other ladies. I now even take it when I am picking up my grandkids at the bus stop after school.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Blog Entries
    i don't have a bag, but often put my current hand project in my purse when i know i'll have to be waiting.
    Nancy in western NY

I keep a bag packed and handy. You would be surprised at how much you can get done setting in a doctors office or while traveling.

I too have "Go" bags. When my fiancee at the time was dealing with brain cancer, I kept an overnight bag in the trunk and packed for a week at a time. Whenever he had a serve seizure we would be in the hospital no less than a week or more. I still keep a "go" packed 'cuz you just never know when you might need it.

I also have a craft "go" bag with some hand work in it. I have several different types of hand work to including redwork, hand piecing and applique that I can rotate out during any long term stay. I take it in the car all the time since it's about 45 minutes to a "big" town so I can get quite a bit done during the ride. So no... you are not odd in that aspect.

Tricia
    http://tricia-ramblingsofaquilter.blogspot.com/
    Currently working on a "Flat Curtis" Quilt with boy child . He would like to TRADE some fabrics from each state FC travels to.

I have two "go" bags.
    I am a substitute teacher. Some days are jammed packed with children, some days I have 1 1/2 hours to wait. So...
    One bag is rather large. In it are small scissors, thread, needles, ribbons, yarn, leather strips, small metal chains and charms,etc; anything I could use on my Stupendous Stitching items.
    The second is small; containing a sketch book, pencil, sometimes a small book on hand stitching or something, sometimes scraps of material I'm working with at the time (and if I'm going to be with little ones that day, perhaps a book or two to read to them).

Blog Entries
    I have a number of zip lock bags,each with needles,thread,little scissors,a bandaid,and a project. One is for embroidery,one for a Hawaian pillow top I'm hand quilting.

I have a bag that contains my hand sewing stuff and I use a basket to carry my projects from place to place. I have two or three baskets going at a time so I just need to grab my sewing bags and a basket and off I go.

I have a go bag, I need something to do with my hands while I'm waiting, in a car or for an appointment. I also find its a good conversation starter, people, mostly kids want to know what I'm doing. Some of them have never seen fabric or a needle and thread!!!
    Marie

You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    A smile is something you can't give away; it always comes back to you.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast