Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like to paint? Walls, and Stuff

I abhor painting. I'd rather walk over burning coals than paint even the smallest of rooms. Wallpapering comes next but that's another topic... It nearly sends me off the deep end if I need to paint. My husband isn't much better and therefore this task falls to me. UGH! After tolerating 15 years of the same boring bedroom, I decided enough was enough! Time to make a change. My DBIL suggested a line of paint and since he is a master at painting, I decided to try his brand. Rather than name the brand, I'll give you a hint. It's the name of an animal and there are polar, panda, grizzly, and teddy ones. If you don't know by now, then you don't know your 'bears'. Well, if this isn't the best paint in the world! And, like I said, I hate painting. This paint went on like butter, I tell ya'. Smooth, good coverage, great colour (Warm Earth). This has been so great, I just had to tell you all that I am converted!Good-bye drab, hello 'Bear'.

Blog Entries
    I love to paint...and I love how things always look so crisp and fresh when you are finished. :)

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the info! I do like to paint :D and will remember this brand in the future :D:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by lisainmo
    I love to paint...and I love how things always look so crisp and fresh when you are finished. :)
    Ya, except me! I'm covered from head to toe in paint LOL!

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The type of paint you use really can change the experience. Good paint, like good fabric, is nicer to work with.

Wanna come over???? I just live down the QEW,and I've got a whole house that needs to be done!!!

Was Behr pricey?

I'm glad your painting experience was better than you thought it was going to be!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    The type of paint you use really can change the experience. Good paint, like good fabric, is nicer to work with.
    I have used a paint that has the first name of Mr. Franklin and the last name that rhymes with 'boor' and I bought their highest quality. It had an 'aura' about it. Compared to the teddy bear paint, Mr. B. Boor paint pales in comparison.

Blog Entries
    Behr paint is one of the best paints also, I also used the stain and water resistant on my deck and fencing this summer works great! Its worth the money I think.
    And YES I know what you mean about having it all over you!! LOL

Behr is more expensive, but so worth it. I used it in our bedroom also, it went on with great coverage. Didn't even need a second coat. On the other hand, the cheaper paint I used in the living and dining room was a pain in the *** to use. 2 coats, over white walls at that, in some places 3. Behr cleanup was easy too, not so much the cheaper stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kylenstevesmom
    Wanna come over???? I just live down the QEW,and I've got a whole house that needs to be done!!!

Was Behr pricey?

I'm glad your painting experience was better than you thought it was going to be!!!
    You mean 'BEAR' paint, right?LOL My Home Depot had a special with a $7 per gallon rebate. So, I got their premium plus- the one with primer and colour in one.

As far as going to Oakville, I'm there every Wednesday to babysit at Bronte and Dundas. Can't watch kiddies and paint at the same time, sorry, you're on your own (again LOL)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast