Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Does anyone else "overpronate" with their feet.....especially have "tarsal tunnel syndrome"???? >

Does anyone else "overpronate" with their feet.....especially have "tarsal tunnel syndrome"????

Does anyone else "overpronate" with their feet.....especially have "tarsal tunnel syndrome"????

Old 01-19-2011, 04:41 PM

It took a long time but most of the time I am free of pain. That is with shoes on. I cannot stand or walk on hard floors or tile more than just a few steps barefoot. And dress shoes are tough. I wear only SAS shoes now, but dress shoes only last a short time before the feet scream.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:49 PM

I wear orthodics also and they have made a big difference,i was taking 6 ibuprophen a day just to make it thru the day,I used to wear the expensive shoes,but not anymore.I found that they didnt last any longer than the cheaper ones which is about 6 months for me before i needed to replace them.I also put shoes on as soon as I get dressed and leave them on until I go to bed.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by azdesertrat
I wear orthodics also and they have made a big difference,i was taking 6 ibuprophen a day just to make it thru the day,I used to wear the expensive shoes,but not anymore.I found that they didnt last any longer than the cheaper ones which is about 6 months for me before i needed to replace them.I also put shoes on as soon as I get dressed and leave them on until I go to bed.
That's me, Those shoes go on before I leave the bedroom in the morning and stay on until I am ready to hit the sack.

I have a friend who is married to a Chinese man and they do not allow shoes in their home. I have tried to explain to her that I cannot walk around on her hard floors. I don't go there often and when I do, I stay on the carpet. I don't think she realizes how painful it is for some of us to go barefoot!
Old 01-19-2011, 05:04 PM

Is this what I could have??? My heal hurts so much!! I have orthodics and it helped for awhile but now, my goodness, first thing in the morning if I don't put some sort of show on OWIE!!! Even with shoes on my heal is in pain!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by kat112000
Is this what I could have??? My heal hurts so much!! I have orthodics and it helped for awhile but now, my goodness, first thing in the morning if I don't put some sort of show on OWIE!!! Even with shoes on my heal is in pain!!!
Probably heel spurs,does it feel like you are walking on cut glass when you walk?
Old 01-19-2011, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by azdesertrat
Originally Posted by kat112000
Probably heel spurs,does it feel like you are walking on cut glass when you walk?
Maybe that's what it is.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:27 PM

You and I have the same exact feet problem. My feet have been killing me for years. About 4 months ago I gave in and bought some Skechers Shape-ups. It took awhile to get used to balancing in them because the bottoms are rounded and squishy but they sure are like walking on a cloud.

These are the one's I got..... and now they are on sale!

http://www.zappos.com/skechers-shape...ed-navy-silver
Old 01-20-2011, 06:30 PM

kat112000, Google plantar fascititis. It's a very likely possibility.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:18 AM
Banned

UPDATE 1/21/11 - I called and had the doc give me more Prednisone. ugh.

Originally Posted by thequiltmama
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has the same problems I do. I have Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome in both feet/ankle from Overpronating. If you do, what worked for you?? I have taken Prednisone....which made me gain weight and made me really tired. And it helped but I still have problems. I bought the best (very pricey) shoes for my syndrome, Ariel by Brooks shoes, but the ridge is starting to hurt my feet alot (I wear shoes from the moment I step out of bed until I go to bed, ugh). So I was thinking about buying gel arch supports, my doc said those are horrible but I really want to try them. And there is no way I can afford to pay $400 for custom orthodics for one pair of shoes....help, please tell me I am not the only one :-(