Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dog Hair taking over

I don't know about products that would get it up, but we have a border collie/lab mix and he sheds a lot. We started taking him to the groomer to have him "carded" like they do sheep I think. Anyway, when he comes home he looks like he has lost 10 pounds and it cuts way back on the shedding. There is a special brush or comb that you can use at home, but I tried it and didn't find it easy (he was squirmy) and it didn't do as good a job. Usually have to have it done a couple times back to back and then after the initial times, about every 1-1/2 months. Good luck.

I have the same problem but with cats. Any tips would be great.

Until this past year we had FIVE dogs, sadly now only three.

I don't sweep at all anymore, since hubby got me two Roombas over a year ago! Love them the most on the hard floors, such as the kitchen. Actually he bought the second one as a surprise for my sewing room, and I love it in there too. Only thing to do is empty each day, and an occasional clean out of the brushes.

try wiping him down with damp kitchen rubber gloves.

vacuum him and teach him to let you.

pretend he's a child and you have to brush his hair. grab him between your knees
    and go to it. remember, you're the mommy :lol: :lol:

Funny, just this morning I was wondering why cat hair never comes off anything easily except the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfli19
    Funny, just this morning I was wondering why cat hair never comes off anything easily except the cat.
    Good Point!!!!!! :thumbup:

I am drowning in dog hair right now. I swear I swept up half a dog's worth a couple hours ago. I have 3 labs.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfli19
    i always used rubber kitchen gloves. i wet them and shook off the excess water. then i rubbed over the places where the cat hair was. i can't say i was perfect, but it got rid of most of the orange hair on the dark blue upholstery. a neighbor bought mottled grey carpeting to match her dog. LOL!

We have a golden retrievor...they shed a lot. However, our vet said to give him olive oil with his food everyday and there is a huge difference. Really cuts down on the amount of shedding. We give him two spoonfulls a day with his dinner.

Margie

My dog Chili Palmer sheds like crazy. We brush her and remove enough hair one would think there were at least 3 dogs in the trash can when we are finished. And when I sweep the shop floor I usually find enough of her hair to make another dog.
    Our cat sleeps on the back of the recliner or in the spare bedroom during the day. Who am I kidding , she sleeps anywhere she wants..lol I have a pillow on my desk that I wash weekly, the recliner has a blanket over the back so I throw that into the wash too. And the bed in the spare room I lay a blanket over the comforter. Plus I vacuum the carpets several times a week.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast