Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't you just love a smart mouth?

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    RUN Joy RUN !!LOL well everyone is entitled to their own opinions here or out there in the real world. That is wonderful you finish your quilts on your DSM I do too .. Practice makes perfect for sure ...
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

I love smart mouths and love the answers and comments you all have given. Loved quilt police by marriage!!! lol lol lol
    Karen in Kentucky

Can we say ignorant??? My pet peeve: when people assume you are stupid...is that not reverse ignorance??? Look who has a smart mouth now???
    Sorry, like I said just a pet peeve of mine.

I guess he hasn't heard of Diane Gaudynski, Sue Rasmussen, or other Machine quilting teachers, who make up to king size quilts on a DSM. It all depends on what you learned on, what method you prefer, and/or what you can afford to quilt with.

Blog Entries
    well I really think a la is alot easier on your body I wrestled big quilts until my shoulder started to bother me I had to have surgery recovering now and I do have a la now.

I did a king size quilt on my home viking designer 11. While I'm not a pro , think it turned out nice and daughter loved it. He was just trying to drum up business for his wife

Blog Entries
    well i for one, can't possibly do the lovely quitling designs i see done on Long arm machines. I just can't. sigh. but some quilters do absolute wonders with their quilts on domestic sewing machines. more power to them!!

Blog Entries
    I'm more of a smart a*s If someone says it can't be done by golly gee I'm a gonna show them it can. I've been quilting on dsm's for years and I guess I will for a lot more years to come. Through the years I've been able to find ways around most of the wrestling and as soon as my arms and shoulders start to hurt I take a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Higdon View Post
    See, that is what I am talking about. I am a smart mouth. Now I have gotten that poor woman in trouble.
    Actually, if she was smart enough to come up with that story to get her long-arm, she's smart enough to say you don't know what you're talking about.

Blog Entries
    I would have said as I do most often to the quilter know it all, Do you ever read a quilt magazine that isn't ten years old?
    Got fabric?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast