Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Don't you just love a smart mouth?

Oh no! I didn't realize that we couldn't do that! Wonder how he thinks all the people who only have DSMs and no long-arms quilt??? What a stupid man!

Blog Entries
    I go with the thought "If I think I can, I CAN!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Maybe he's making the payments on it! He probably won't go to any more shows with her.
    Nana Jan
    Friendships are gifts from God that should be cherished and nourished

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Higdon View Post
    I went to a quilt show today. There was a vendor there helping his wife. While making my purchases, he told me his wife was a long armed quilter that quilted for people. I told him I was trying to quilt my own. He said that was fine on small items like wall hangings and table toppers but that if I did not have a longarm machine I could not quilt a quilt on a DSM(guess I didn't get the memo). I said, well actually I have quilted half of a 96x96 quilt. He said, well you must have had lots of practice and be really good. I said, well actually I have just
    started and haven't had a lot of practice. Oh well.
    That's sweet!! A man showing support for his wife! Sounds like he is proud of her work. It doesn't sound like he was trying to be a smart mouth, just trying to help in a quilting world.

I was at a show about 3 years ago and heard some woman telling three others that "you cannot hand quilt through Warm and Natural" batting. I know this is a lie as I hand quilt about 80 percent of my quilts and ONLY use W&N. She must have had her own agenda.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it. - Jonathan Winters

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by be a quilter View Post
    That's sweet!! A man showing support for his wife! Sounds like he is proud of her work. It doesn't sound like he was trying to be a smart mouth, just trying to help in a quilting world.
    Sorry if I was misunderstood. I was talking about myself being a smart mouth by telling him that I was quilting on a DSM and had not practiced much. I was trying to help by encouraging people that, like me, can not afford a longarm machine.
    Joy

He just doesn't know any better. Just what he has been told would be my guess. Glad I wasn't there to burst his bubble!

I went to the Mt Dora show and I do think I might have spoke to the same husband...did not particularly care for him.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4