Downton Abbey

Old 03-03-2015, 04:58 AM

I watched the last episode twice. It was really wonderful. I got tears in my eyes a few times during it with the sweet things that went on and were said in this episode. Looking forward to next season. Sure will be a L O N G time to wait!!
Old 03-03-2015, 06:07 AM

Sometime last season, they were having a pledge break, and offered the DVD's for all the seasons, including season 5, before it even came out. I know you can buy them. And like someone else said, you can watch on the internet.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:48 AM

I ordered the Season 5 series back in August on Amazon and got a even lower price by the time it came out in early February. I haven't gone back to watch it again since I've been keeping up with it. Yes, its sad we have to wait till next January for the next season and I read its the last season too!!!!!! Oh shucky darn and I like this series too. Next series leads a new twist with possible marriage to the head housekeeper and butler characters. Thomas has been forgiven for being such a s**t with his last trick on that nasty stuckup butler. Sure wish they'd give it up on the Bates, they seem like such a loving couple but it shows when you love someone that much you'll do anything to try to save them. They don't walk away from their marriage just because of trouble. Mary on the other hand I now find is such a snob though she's no angel as we've seen in previous seasons. Anyway, I have the entire series in DVD and will go back and watch it all sometime this summer for kicks.

Thanks to you all for getting me interested in this series sometime last year. It was worth it.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:11 AM

I didn't know it is ending after the next season! BUMMER!
Old 03-03-2015, 07:36 AM

Yes, I know that it takes hours and maybe days to set up for filming (or whatever they do now), but January is a long time to wait -- I enjoyed the episode, but it seems that they are rushing through some plot lines to resolve them -- hope there are other Masterpiece Theaters to watch in the meantime
Old 03-03-2015, 07:59 AM
Power Poster

OK, do the math. They shoot hundreds of hours with counting all the retakes and errors. They produce 10 hours of actual TV. 10 episodes is the norm for British TV. That is what, 3 or 4 movies that usually take at least 2 to 4 months to shoot. If the story line goes any further in time, we will lose most of the characters that are +50. I don't want to see Robert or Violet die.

We have Mr Selfridge to look forward to starting next week with the repeat of the first season.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:10 AM

I love DA and I will miss it. Can be purchased on Amazon. Gonna save my pennies for sure.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:39 AM

I thought THIS was the last season...
Old 03-03-2015, 01:18 PM

All I am saying about the last episode is........

I cried. Kola tried to comfort me by rubbing her furry little forehead on me.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:31 PM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

Originally Posted by Abby'smom View Post
Yes, I know that it takes hours and maybe days to set up for filming (or whatever they do now), but January is a long time to wait -- I enjoyed the episode, but it seems that they are rushing through some plot lines to resolve them -- hope there are other Masterpiece Theaters to watch in the meantime
Mr. Selfridge and The Paradise are also good English series on PBS.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/...s/mr-selfridge
[url]http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/programs/paradise/[/url

Last edited by kathidahl; 03-03-2015 at 01:38 PM.