Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Downton Abbey

Downton Abbey

No more until January, 2016! That's a long time to wait.....

Blog Entries
    Sure was a great finale for the the season!!
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

Blog Entries
    I saw that last night and I said WHAT out loud to my t.v.!!

Their seasons are way TOO short!

Such a great show. Sad that the next one will be the last season.

Maybe now I will be able to find the DVD and buy it! My husband is in charge of the remote so we never get to that channel!

Mr stitchnripper doesn't watch so I send him out of the room. Very satisfying episode for me.
    Alyce

Yes, an excellent finale! January 2016 seems a long way off.....
    Lori

Jammie to 7 - Are you aware that you can go to the pbs website and watch? I watch many of my tv programs through my ipad at a time convenient for me.

I think it's time to buy DA on dvd's. There seasons are way too short.

I watched the last episode twice. It was really wonderful. I got tears in my eyes a few times during it with the sweet things that went on and were said in this episode. Looking forward to next season. Sure will be a L O N G time to wait!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Sometime last season, they were having a pledge break, and offered the DVD's for all the seasons, including season 5, before it even came out. I know you can buy them. And like someone else said, you can watch on the internet.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

I ordered the Season 5 series back in August on Amazon and got a even lower price by the time it came out in early February. I haven't gone back to watch it again since I've been keeping up with it. Yes, its sad we have to wait till next January for the next season and I read its the last season too!!!!!! Oh shucky darn and I like this series too. Next series leads a new twist with possible marriage to the head housekeeper and butler characters. Thomas has been forgiven for being such a s**t with his last trick on that nasty stuckup butler. Sure wish they'd give it up on the Bates, they seem like such a loving couple but it shows when you love someone that much you'll do anything to try to save them. They don't walk away from their marriage just because of trouble. Mary on the other hand I now find is such a snob though she's no angel as we've seen in previous seasons. Anyway, I have the entire series in DVD and will go back and watch it all sometime this summer for kicks.

Thanks to you all for getting me interested in this series sometime last year. It was worth it.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

I didn't know it is ending after the next season! BUMMER!

Yes, I know that it takes hours and maybe days to set up for filming (or whatever they do now), but January is a long time to wait -- I enjoyed the episode, but it seems that they are rushing through some plot lines to resolve them -- hope there are other Masterpiece Theaters to watch in the meantime
    diane

OK, do the math. They shoot hundreds of hours with counting all the retakes and errors. They produce 10 hours of actual TV. 10 episodes is the norm for British TV. That is what, 3 or 4 movies that usually take at least 2 to 4 months to shoot. If the story line goes any further in time, we will lose most of the characters that are +50. I don't want to see Robert or Violet die.

We have Mr Selfridge to look forward to starting next week with the repeat of the first season.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    I love DA and I will miss it. Can be purchased on Amazon. Gonna save my pennies for sure.

I thought THIS was the last season...
    Anne Freeman
    Hermon ME

All I am saying about the last episode is........

I cried. Kola tried to comfort me by rubbing her furry little forehead on me.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby'smom View Post
    Yes, I know that it takes hours and maybe days to set up for filming (or whatever they do now), but January is a long time to wait -- I enjoyed the episode, but it seems that they are rushing through some plot lines to resolve them -- hope there are other Masterpiece Theaters to watch in the meantime
    Mr. Selfridge and The Paradise are also good English series on PBS.
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/...s/mr-selfridge
    [url]http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/programs/paradise/[/url
    Last edited by kathidahl; 03-03-2015 at 01:38 PM.

I was able to watch it all on my computer

I really enjoyed this season! It was a good one!

Downton Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by fayeberry View Post
    I didn't know it is ending after the next season! BUMMER!
    I am not so sure that the next season will be the last as yesterday I heard on the news that Maggie Smith is leaving the show after the one starting next January - she said that her character has to be well over 100 years old in "Downton" time! I agree that their season is much too short and next January is a long ways off!
    Kaaren
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

watched a series Outlander on pbs during the summer......wonder if that will have a season two? It was interesting.....now to get ready for mr Selfridge........

I'm so addicted to Downton Abbey, I hate the idea it will be going away. However, they are clearly making plans for the downstairs people to have lives outside the house. Eventually, these big houses didn't have help like that anymore, so it's inevitable. If you'd like to get into more info on the series, go to this site. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/downtonabbey/
    I also love Grantchester and hope it will go on next year. Also, Mr. Selfridge, Call the Midwife, and Bletchley Park. If only some of our American networks could produce this quality of entertainment instead of the "reality show" garbage or contstant gruesome murder stuff.
    "The business of life is making memories. In the end, it is all we have." Butler Charlie Carson, Downton Abbey, season 4, episode 3, PBS.