Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dye ?

Blog Entries
    She asked me do you ever dye your hair ??
    It's me who dye (I replied) :shock: :oops:
    Which colour u use?
    Which colour I do not use u mean: (I replied)
    What product u use?
    What product i never used yet (I replied) :(

My question is IS THERE ANY NATURAL DYE u heard about or use because i get Fed up of all kinds and all chemicals we use
    :roll:

Blog Entries
    My natural food store has a line of natural dye, but I haven't used it. Natural Instincts and a few other have peroxide, but no ammonia. Worked okay, but some of the colors are intense.

I have given up and use one with both ammonia and peroxide. I try to avoid a lot of chemicals so that dose every month or so is my vice.

about 2 degrees north of H-E-double hockey sticks
    Henna will give give a lovely red tint and cover any gray. All natural and beautiful, I think.

I looked online to see what I could find and both "Naturtint" and "Herbatint" brands seem to have good reviews.

Henna is good and I think now you can get different shades. But, if you really don't want to dye your hair, don't. As we age our colour fades and our skin-tone does also. Sometimes very dyed hair can look more ageing than going natural. I haven't dyed my hair for many years, and now large stripes of it are very white. I often get asked who does my colour, so I'm guessing it doesn't look too bad. Anyway, I'm not too fussed on public opinion, but not dyeing has saved me quite a lot of money and stress. Hated touching up those roots.

Blog Entries
    i find that Mother Nature has been doing a pretty good job of gradually dying my hair grey.

no chemicals or additives involved or necessary. :lol:

I don't know of any natural dyes to use. I have been having mine done for a long time. I have any a hair dresser who is good and does not charge an arm and a leg to do it. Wish I could have the nerve to see what color it is without the dye!

Jenny:)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beffy_Boo
    Henna will give give a lovely red tint and cover any gray. All natural and beautiful, I think.
    I used it a lot but after gray is white Henna gives me carrot orange colour :hunf:

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    i find that Mother Nature has been doing a pretty good job of gradually dying my hair grey.

no chemicals or additives involved or necessary. :lol:
    Me too - after a lifetime of every color but black!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by earthwalker
    Henna is good and I think now you can get different shades. But, if you really don't want to dye your hair, don't. As we age our colour fades and our skin-tone does also. Sometimes very dyed hair can look more ageing than going natural. I haven't dyed my hair for many years, and now large stripes of it are very white. I often get asked who does my colour, so I'm guessing it doesn't look too bad. Anyway, I'm not too fussed on public opinion, but not dyeing has saved me quite a lot of money and stress. Hated touching up those roots.
    I am scarfing out side covering completely from people so I don't care of other opinion, it's 4 my self and DH that i must appear better as i can

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast