Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Early: What did you get for Christmas thread >

Early: What did you get for Christmas thread

Early: What did you get for Christmas thread

Old 12-26-2012, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dingle View Post
Ok everyone, I will start the thread to find out what everyone got for Christmas. I am 100% positive my Hubby got me nothing quilty for Christmas. Not even a gift card. So I'm going to enjoy everything everyone else got. Post a picture if you can.
A troy-built tiller one of the small ones(20 pounds or so) to make my weed killing easier and faster. Had one at one time and it locked up.This was the best gift.And of course for cutter,quilting pins and new bobbins for long-arm. Daughters boyfriend is a keeper; 3 times a year (Christmas ,Mothers day and birthday) He gets me a gift card at local fabric shop, so fabric adopting I will go.But even better my husband and I had a whole day out together,had a wonderful time.

Last edited by nightquilter; 12-26-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:54 PM

Ok everyone, I will start the thread to find out what everyone got for Christmas. I am 100% positive my Hubby got me nothing quilty for Christmas. Not even a gift card. So I'm going to enjoy everything everyone else got. Post a picture if you can.
The best gift of all - my family all together at our house. The whole family includes 6 of us. hahaha Not too big, huh? Daughter and I sewed for a couple days. They all went home before it started snowing and I'm happy for that. Forgot to take pictures, was having too much fun.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:56 PM

We created "wish lists" on Amazon, and while the surprise factor is reduced, we actually gave each other things we really wanted/needed. I got new scissors, some templates, some rulers, an Accuquilt die, and several other things. As always, there were Tootsie Rolls in my stocking--my favorite candy.

and we got a gift that no one wanted. Nine inches of snow. Unprecedented! Last time it snowed on Christmas was 1926, and it was just a couple of inches.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:19 PM

My DD came over today with a $50 gift card to Joann's to thank me for all the baby blankets, bibs, and burp cloths I made for her friends over the past year. She buys the fabric for all the gifts, I make them. What a surprise!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:35 PM

DH got me a nice, soft, warm robe - which came in very handy when we lost power!! It is warm.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:41 PM

Well, I still have a husband...but he's like scrooge. So this year I "Me Gifted" myself a new HV Topaz 20. I do need to get some 5D software (on sale at Joanns- 25% off) I haven't even tried the embroidery, it scares me. LOL....For my birthday this summer I bought myself Benz hardtop convertible. There is nothing more that I want .
Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
I don't have a hubby anymore, which is good. Last yr for Christmas I bought myself a Viking Ruby and loved the past yr learning to embroider on it. This yr I traded it in for a Diamond Deluxe; I was better to me than my ex would have been. Oh yeah, for my birthday I treated myself to the 5D Pro software. I am so worth it. Merry Christmas to all and may you all get what you want or at least have the money (or credit) to buy it yourself.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:39 AM

I have a new Viking Ruby! Also from DH, a huge cutting mat that completely covers my table. From my son and daughter-in-law, a Willow Tree figurine, The Quilt. And from my other 2 daughters, some beautiful scarves and tree ornaments. I love it all!
Old 12-27-2012, 08:32 AM

I got a Omnigrid ruler 6 1/2 X 24in.(joanns online only) a Olfa rotary cutter and pkg of 5 blades, and lots of fat quarters and remnants from the Fons and Porter store in Winterset and fat quarters from the Dry Goods store in Adel, and the Yellow brick road pattern from the Quilting Cupboard in Ankeny. The fabric I chose is the Summer breeze line, yellow and blue. I have seen quilts hanging at the LQS in this fabric and so loved it, so pretty..
And new shoes for my old bay mare, she loves them..
We are having another Christmas celebration on New Years day, think I am getting some Clover wonder clips, I have read so many here on QB love them so I am eager to try them.
More snow today for us Iowans. JB
Old 12-27-2012, 08:44 AM

My hubby and I don`t exchange Christmas gifts either......but he is so generous all year....He always lets me buy whatever I want for quilting and more all year.....we got gift cards from my daughter and brother.....to my fav restaurant, clothes store and hubby got gaz gift cards....gaz is so expensive up here....so very nice to receive....was an awesome Xmas!!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 08:02 PM

My DH did real well this year. I got 2 quilt kits that I had been wanting and an ipod with a speaker system for my sewing room. He couldn.t have done better!!! Gotta love him!!