Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Early: What did you get for Christmas thread

Red face Early: What did you get for Christmas thread

Ok everyone, I will start the thread to find out what everyone got for Christmas. I am 100% positive my Hubby got me nothing quilty for Christmas. Not even a gift card. So I'm going to enjoy everything everyone else got. Post a picture if you can.

I'm pretty sure I have nothing quilty from DH either.... but that's ok... I'm happy to buy my own quilty stuff! Can't wait to see what he did get me though.
    Nancy

I got a Juki 2010Q machine...I got it last week so there's nothing to open under our tree but that is fine with me!
    Beth

We celebrate Christmas Adam so I already have my gifts. (Christmas Adam is our name for when we celebrate before Christmas Eve - because Adam came before Eve - ha, ha, ha!) Our kids are with the in-laws today so ... quiet sewing day around here.

From husband $100 gift card to Joann's. (I'd reather have had the same at my LQS, but I'll take it. He was with me when I almost threw up over the total bill there when I was buying fabric to make things for a bazaar.) From my mother $100 bill so will count that as a gift card for the LQS. Husband also gave me a house dress. I love it. This may be a very old-fashioned idea, but when I'm not in my work clothes I love to throw on something loose and comfortable. Didn't realize he knew how shabby what I currently have has gotten. He also gave me a small Ott light. I love it - it opens up and I've placed it right behind my sewing machine - a bit to the right to get out of the path of fabric. Didn't know he knew about Ott lights. Mother also gave me a new coffee pot - I'd asked for that. Daughter and her family gave me a framed picture of their family - the same picture I gave to my mother - and they gave to her also. Son-in-law's mother is fantastic photographer. When she posts a good one on Facebook, I save it and printed this one out from there. She's a 31 salesperson - very nice tote bags - and she gave me a large open bag just for my quilting things for workshops, etc, and a smaller matching one with outside pockets for quilting supplies. Daughter also gave me a coffee cup she'd painted with my two grandsons - using their fingerprints as part of the design. Cute!

So - I'm blessed and happy - if feeling a tiny bit blue at spending these two days without my kids. Very selfish, I know. Tomorrow my husband and I will take lunch to my mother and then go to a movie.
    So many quilts, so little time.

Power Poster
    ​My son gave me a nice wood cupboard for organizing my fabric ( posted a picture in Mission Organization)

Blog Entries
    I get to spend Christmas day with my New York grandkids in the morning and my Minnesota grandkids in the evening
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Blog Entries
    Got two $15 gc for joanns from friends so far.

I actutally got mine a couple of weeks ago. I got a longarm, yippie!! I love it.
    SUEB

Blog Entries
    My DH wants me to go and pick out a new office/sewing chair. My current one is dying a very slow death

insert for my gidget 2 to fit my new dreamweaver and a 50 dollar GC to joann's, a cross pen 2 journals, lots of chocalate.
    Brother (XL-3500i, CV3550, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D), Juki MO-2000QVP, Handiquilter Avante

From my son I got a binding tip for my binding machine & the book "Quilts without Boarders". That's the only quilty gifts I got this Christmas.

Not a clue. Doubt it is quilt related. Maybe jewelry. I will love whatever my gifts are.
    mltquilt

Erstan, you and I think alike! DH got me the office chair I wanted. My old chair would slowly sink down as I was sewing until my backside was almost on the floor. I'm so happy! (At our age, we like practical gifts LOL).
    Hope everyone gets what they want whether it's practical, silly, or a total surprise. Merry Christmas to you all.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

I got everything on my practical list! candy yumm (chocolates) a new kitchen mop a new shelf to replace the one I broke in the fridge and the best bubble bath! Merry Chrismas everyone!!

We decided not to buy for adults this year. We got a gift card to Olive Garden and a gift card to have our 2012 Siverado Truck detailed. These were from Oldest Granddaughter and her long time Boyfriend. She figured I would buy them something any way. Husband and I buy whatever we want during the year and don't exchange gifts.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

My sweetie bought me a projector for enlarging applique patterns and this week he is installing a light box in my work table. He was going to do it last week but the glass had to be sent out to be tempered, he wanted to put non tempered glass in the table but I was afraid of dropping something on the glass and it breaking.

Blog Entries
    my DGDs bought me a couple pins:
    Name:  sewing machine pins 003.JPG
Views: 228
Size:  125.4 KB
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

I received a Quilt Halo, a Supreme Slider all to help me do FMQ. Also received cash, a bread machine, bread machine cookbook and two beautiful watches. All were on my Santa wish list.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

For some reason my DH has not bought me anything for the last couple of Christmases. Last year $$$ was tight but still....BUT he is not shy about telling me what he wants..he purchased a pair of work gloves that I wrapped for him to open.

I did buy myself some new comfy flannel PJs and i bought him a new shirt for work. To be fair, he bought US a new coffee maker on Christmas Eve. He must have been reading my mind as I had been looking at them my self! And he still does not know that I was even thinking the same thing too. He bought a really nice one and he has been making the coffee the last two mornings.

No way would that guy be able to buy anything sewing related for me. I just buy it myself all year long! I also could not buy him workshop stuff for him. We a blessed....we have what we need all year long..with some "wants" thrown in.

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Blog Entries
    Nothing quilty here...I am the same as Sandygirl...we get what we want throughout the year...and I rather buy my own fabric and stuff. He did get me a pandora charm, a book, socks and the elf on the shelf. I had one...but misplace it (its here somewhere...) I bought him a Kitchenaide Icecream maker and some other attachments - he loves to cook...not bake but main meals so I bought him the veg crusher, meat grinder etc...that was it..

Blog Entries
    Mine got me a spool holder for the door of my Featherweight cabinet, he hasn't seen it yet but told him about it. He loves me soooo much. Just what I wanted, waiting patiently for it to arrive in the mail on or about the 28th.
    My stash keeps me in stitches!

My oldest son and DDL got me the rocking chair I had been wanting and son #5 showed up with a Mint robot cleaner. I had been wanting both and was very happy to get them. The rest of the kids call to let me know they were all right and safe at home. I have already put the Mint to work. I named him Gilroy, because you can really tell when "Gliroy way here." LOL Hope everyone had a great Christmas and ..Everyone have a wonderful New Year.
    You can get older, but you never have to grow up! Tomorrow's just a future yesterday!-Greg Fergerson

Blog Entries
    My husband & I do not buy each other Christmas presents. We donate to the Salvation Army. We get one large item, usually for the house. This year we go a new mattess & box springs, which was badly needed, for our bed. We get gift cards or checks for the children/grandchildren.

We are so blessed with material things that we want to bless others at this time of the year and all year long.

Blog Entries
    I don't have a hubby anymore, which is good. Last yr for Christmas I bought myself a Viking Ruby and loved the past yr learning to embroider on it. This yr I traded it in for a Diamond Deluxe; I was better to me than my ex would have been. Oh yeah, for my birthday I treated myself to the 5D Pro software. I am so worth it. Merry Christmas to all and may you all get what you want or at least have the money (or credit) to buy it yourself.
    Judy

My husband totally surprised with me an antique sewing machine that I've been searching for! He also got me a jumbo hoop for my Bernina. Our children gave me numerous gift certificates to my favorite quilt shop so it was a wonderful 'quilty' Christmas but best of, all of our children except our oldest daughter were able to share the special day with us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast