Old 12-24-2012, 04:14 PM
JanTx

We celebrate Christmas Adam so I already have my gifts. (Christmas Adam is our name for when we celebrate before Christmas Eve - because Adam came before Eve - ha, ha, ha!) Our kids are with the in-laws today so ... quiet sewing day around here.

From husband $100 gift card to Joann's. (I'd reather have had the same at my LQS, but I'll take it. He was with me when I almost threw up over the total bill there when I was buying fabric to make things for a bazaar.) From my mother $100 bill so will count that as a gift card for the LQS. Husband also gave me a house dress. I love it. This may be a very old-fashioned idea, but when I'm not in my work clothes I love to throw on something loose and comfortable. Didn't realize he knew how shabby what I currently have has gotten. He also gave me a small Ott light. I love it - it opens up and I've placed it right behind my sewing machine - a bit to the right to get out of the path of fabric. Didn't know he knew about Ott lights. Mother also gave me a new coffee pot - I'd asked for that. Daughter and her family gave me a framed picture of their family - the same picture I gave to my mother - and they gave to her also. Son-in-law's mother is fantastic photographer. When she posts a good one on Facebook, I save it and printed this one out from there. She's a 31 salesperson - very nice tote bags - and she gave me a large open bag just for my quilting things for workshops, etc, and a smaller matching one with outside pockets for quilting supplies. Daughter also gave me a coffee cup she'd painted with my two grandsons - using their fingerprints as part of the design. Cute!

So - I'm blessed and happy - if feeling a tiny bit blue at spending these two days without my kids. Very selfish, I know. Tomorrow my husband and I will take lunch to my mother and then go to a movie.