eating crow

Old 11-05-2011, 05:34 PM

Red face eating crow

I have to admit that I am one of the nay-sayers who did not like the new format of the quilt board. Shame on me.
I have to now admit that I am eating a healthy portion of crow.
I had such a hard time figuring out the new format, that I was almost ready to unsuscribe. I signed off, and didn't get on at all the next day. Then, I thought I'd give it just one more try, and Voila! most of what I couldn't find at first, is still there.
When my daughter was learning how to use her computer, I told her "Just play around, hit different buttons to see what they do, and remember that you can back out and try something else". When I followed my own advise (physician, heal thyself) I found that if I just give myself a little more time, I can find what I want.
QB admin, I apologize, and I'm sorry for all the mean thought I had in the beginning. I will not unsuscribe, and will still be able to look forward to each day's issue.
nanac
Old 11-05-2011, 06:07 PM

Hey, me too! I was sort of disgruntled...I don't like things to change on the computer as I get all messed up! But slowly I am adjusting and am learning how to find my way around! I like some of the new features....or maybe they were there all along but I just never found them?
Old 11-05-2011, 07:41 PM

I am still having trouble, but this limits my time on the board, and increases my sewing time, so all things for a reason. I do come on for about a half hour, look for something I can learn new, and then get off. Lowers the frustration level, and it is getting better. I just keep telling myself, take it slow and it will come.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:53 PM

I'm still learning will take time
Old 11-05-2011, 07:56 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

I was such a newbie on the old board that the only way I even knew how you could do things on it was by reading questions or complaints about the new board
Old 11-05-2011, 08:07 PM

Seems the background is not so bright. I can spend more time finding my way around. that's a good thing. Are the PDA's here anywhere.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:24 PM

When home computers first came out I could not figure them out. I am very visual and I just couldn't see where my documents were going. My DH tells the funniest stories about me yelling at the computer when it wouldn't print and such. Now I can go anywhere and do anything I want to. Once I figured out it was like a file cabinet I was set free. We will all get there we just have to believe we can do it.

Oh my Lord, I'm a Senior Member!
Old 11-05-2011, 08:55 PM

Yes, have to admit when I tried to open the board tonight, I was just a bit more than frustrated. But everything is good now. I should spend less time on the board and more time in my sewing room. The girls at work said I had become a "Virtual Quilter" because I was spending so much time here !!!! lol
Old 11-06-2011, 02:30 AM

DITTO to all. It is getting a little easy. I just don't like change. I still have to see how to change color.
LC
Old 11-06-2011, 03:12 AM
Power Poster

I like most of it just fine - the envelopes kind of are a puzzle and I haven't got the knack for changing colors yet