Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Embroidery machine question >

Embroidery machine question

Embroidery machine question

Old 11-23-2015, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by donna13350 View Post
Are you sure it's just not taking a tacking stitch before it starts? Also..if you have checked the option to baste the design, the machine will put down a basting stitch just inside your frame all the way around, then move to the center and start your design.
Next time you set it up and it positions itself too far to the right, take your hand wheel and slowly rotate it to see if the needle will actually touch your frame, or if it will land just inside.
If it touches...check your needle position..you may have it set to the right?
If it doesn't touch, let it stitch..slowly..and see what it's doing..on scraps first.
The machine is actually stitching the design, not basting. And if I hadn't stopped it, it definitely would have hit the frame.
(I was stitching "For Pat" and by the time the "r" was done, it was obviously too close to the edge to let it continue.)
Old 11-23-2015, 06:11 PM

I to think you should check the calibration and make sure the design is starting in the center.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:41 PM

If you open your design in your computer program and click on the design, then go to the "centre design" icon and click there. The icon is the square with an arrow in the corner and a dot in the centre. Third from the right on the top of the Husqvarna program. Don't forget to save. This will definitely put it in the centre. Hope this helps.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:27 PM

Well Folks,
I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong, or what might be wrong with my machine, so I made arrangements to go see my dealer - got there and the first person said she didn't know what was going on, she hadn't see that problem (the design being shifted to the right) so she went and got another person.
That lady sat down and after a few clicks she knew what was wrong:
I HAD LEFT THE TRAVEL LOCK ON!!!! (you know, that little piece of plastic that gets inserted when you're transporting the machine to class and back )
Then she told me that most people just throw the lock piece away and don't use it.
But I'm thinking that if it is supposed to be used during transport, I just need to figure out a way to ensure I remember to take it off - maybe a sticker, or something? Or maybe figure out a way to attach a dangly piece of thread/wool to the lock so that I'd see it and remember?
Glad it wasn't anything wrong, glad I did know what I was doing as far as design/centering etc.
And another lesson learned!
They didn't charge me for the advice/time/lesson, so I bought some more embroidery thread while I was there.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:49 PM

I have a little piece of plastic that was inserted in the bottom of my embroidery arm when I bought my HV Designer Diamond. I removed it the first time I used my machine to embroider. Have not used it since. Should I use it every time I'm taking my machine and embroidery arm out of the house?
Old 12-16-2015, 08:21 PM

you can manually move the hoop using the buttons check your manual on how to do this.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by mjkgquilt View Post
I have a little piece of plastic that was inserted in the bottom of my embroidery arm when I bought my HV Designer Diamond. I removed it the first time I used my machine to embroider. Have not used it since. Should I use it every time I'm taking my machine and embroidery arm out of the house?
The dealer sales person said this was the intent when the machine is shipped, is that the owner will do so every time they transport the arm. Then she said most people don't do this, but they do recommend it. So, I will continue to do so, and figure out a way to remind myself to check/remove it at home. I had to drive 90 minutes one way to the dealer.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by newbee3 View Post
you can manually move the hoop using the buttons check your manual on how to do this.
I did figure out how to do this, but that is where we realized it was not operating properly, as it wouldn't move to the correct position. (Because the lock was preventing proper movement of the arm).
Old 12-18-2015, 05:50 AM

You just have to play, play, play, play! Anything new takes lots of practice.... Good luck!!!