Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: End of Season Sale

Does anyone know how many "seasons" retail stores have. I get so tickled each time I receive a "season" email. The best one is "Biggest Sale of the Season". One of these days, I am going to start saving the circulars, emails, just to count seasons. Of course, if counting seasons is all I have to do, I am in real trouble. Hope everyone has a great day.

Blog Entries
    Thats funny! and so true!

Hobby Lobby has Christmas isles already...good grief.

Well, there are 4 seasons, but then there are pre, during, & post seasons to those. Then, the stores consider any holiday a season to promote sales, also including the pre & post sales.

that is so funny, i was in hobby lobby about the 7th of july, and they were putting up christmas ornaments, not christmas crafts, ornaments, but i am old enough to remember christmas is after thanksgiving, i could not decide if it was infuriating (sp?), or hysterical, thank heavens i was just there for card stock, and was almost 100 degrees here, lol

jan in palatka

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by niizh
    Does anyone know how many "seasons" retail stores have. I get so tickled each time I receive a "season" email. The best one is "Biggest Sale of the Season". One of these days, I am going to start saving the circulars, emails, just to count seasons. Of course, if counting seasons is all I have to do, I am in real trouble. Hope everyone has a great day.
    Lol... Yep retailers have as many seasons as they can so they can have those biggest sale of the seasons.. lol...

Hey my sis in law lives in Pilot mountain NC.... small world.

The Stop and Shop grocery store near me has had Halloween candy out for a few weeks. Many stores have had Christmas stuff out since "Christmas in July!" You can get anything except stuff related to warm weather now.

Blog Entries
    Don't even try to figure selling seasons any more. They make no sense whatsoever!

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne
    The Stop and Shop grocery store near me has had Halloween candy out for a few weeks.
    Hope I spot some around here. I like the very small Hersey bars - they're just the right size for me.

SMR
    I remember when you didn't see anything Christmas related for sale til after Thanksgiving and then slowly the stuff started appearing earlier and earlier. I could always understand fabric and craft kits because you needed time to finish projecs but now the new merchandise is appearing almost before the clearance sales are over. All the other holidays are doing the same thing now.