Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: end of season TV programs...

end of season TV programs...

wondering if these will be back next year: Bates Motel, Crisis, Castle. There are a few more that I watch, but I think they will be back...at least I hope so......

Which are you hoping to see again next year..........

Castle will be back; after the ending there waa a line about Castle and Beckett being back and solving mysteries next fall. My husband and I thought it was strange they would say that after ending it that way!

Here's a link with a list:

http://news.yahoo.com/fall-tv-lineup...src=yfpnewsapp

I was very disappointed with the season ending for Castle last night. Looking forward to seeing how they pick up after that. Of course, that's what the writers and producers are counting on, right?

Jane
    Jane

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Stitchin View Post
    Castle will be back; after the ending there waa a line about Castle and Beckett being back and solving mysteries next fall. My husband and I thought it was strange they would say that after ending it that way!
    that's what i thought too.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

I don't watch any of those shows.
    Our cable company is changing to all HD, I had to get two more boxes and cut down the amount of channels we will be getting. We didn't watch many of the available channels we had. I don't know how we got so many. I will be keeping track in the future.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    I think the best show on tv right now is Orphan Black. It's better than Game of Thrones, Suits, Justified, and IMO, even better than Dexter and Breaking Bad were. I am absolutely hooked. It's in the middle of it's second season and has already been nominated for some 20 different awards. It's on BBC America, although we're watching through Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    that's what i thought too.
    I got the impression the ending has something to do with his dad.

I have Castle on the DVR but haven't watched yet. Have to do that tonight! I really like the show a lot.
    Debra

We thought Castle had a strange ending too, considering they did say they were coming back.
    Alyce

I heard Castle is being renewed.

We had terrible storms in our area so weather coverage interrupted the show.
    The told us we have to wait a week and then we can go to ABC.com and watch the show, they have no plans to rebroadcast.

There was something on the internet the other day about who got axed and who got renewed. I wasn't familiar with a lot of the shows - as in never even heard of them - but I do remember seeing Castle on the renewed list.
    Pat

Saw last nite Major Crimes will be back as a summer series again..enjoyed that one. Has anyone been watching Mr. Selfridge on masterpiece? Another interesting British series....better than some of the junk on tv.

Just looked at the list......two and a half men and broke girls!! Are coming back....garbage! Good to see some of my "regulars" will be back though!

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Stitchin View Post
    I did as well, perhaps just delaying the wedding, amnesia for Castle. Any other thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
    We thought Castle had a strange ending too, considering they did say they were coming back.
    The comment that they will be back to solve more mysteries...kinda ruined the suspense the ending was trying to portray! IMO

I am looking forward to Major Crimes, Cedar Cove, and some others I can't think of...

Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    Saw last nite Major Crimes will be back as a summer series again..enjoyed that one. Has anyone been watching Mr. Selfridge on masterpiece? Another interesting British series....better than some of the junk on tv.
    I love Mr. Selfridge. Most enjoyable!!

Blog Entries
    I love Call the Midwives, Mr. Selfridge, Doc Martin and Murder in Paradise oh and Father Brown. Since I cut back to basic satellite I've found some really good programs. I really only watched the old movies channels and was paying $80 plus a month. Decided it wasn't worth it.
    TwandasMom

Speaking of old movies on cable......I looked at the movie list on On Demand..Comcast cable.....wow some are really old...now really everybody in the world must have seen some of those three times over, or some are sooo bad not worth watching once...not to mention some of the tv series they are still running! Talk about cleaning out the stash...and yet some of the more up to date things are deleted a week after they are put on hold-so to speak.

Blog Entries
    *** I can't help - I do not watch any of those.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

Our TV newspaper lady said that Castle was not renewed. I don't believe Crisis is either, but not sure about that. All my shows are definitely back on. YAHOO !

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxmag View Post
    I did as well, perhaps just delaying the wedding, amnesia for Castle. Any other thoughts?
    I started watching Castle a few years ago and enjoyed the characters a lot. I think that since the writers have made Beckett and Castle a couple, I don't enjoy the characters as much. I still watch the show but if definitely has a different feel to it (for me anyway).

Serita

Quote Originally Posted by sparkys_mom View Post
    There was something on the internet the other day about who got axed and who got renewed. I wasn't familiar with a lot of the shows - as in never even heard of them - but I do remember seeing Castle on the renewed list.
    Article link on Castle renewal.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/6721...-and-spoilers/

I used to watch Castle, but once they got together I stopped watching it, the dynamic changed for me (Plus, I was trying to eliminate something from my DVR list!) I hate the end of the season for tv shows that I watch, because I know it's going to be FOREVER before they come back on. A lot of them won't be on until November during sweeps. I read somewhere yesterday that Two and a Half Men is going away and that there is speculation as to whether Sheen will come back for the final episode - I can't watch this show, just too stupid for me.

Quote Originally Posted by slbram17 View Post
    I started watching Castle a few years ago and enjoyed the characters a lot. I think that since the writers have made Beckett and Castle a couple, I don't enjoy the characters as much. I still watch the show but if definitely has a different feel to it (for me anyway).

Serita
    Mr. Stitchnripper and I feel the same way. It's like the writers can't figure out how to have a couple together without all that "hoo-rah" around the relationship to put obstacles in their way.
    Alyce