Everest....

Old 09-26-2015, 04:37 PM

Default Everest....

Just saw that movie today.....well made, enjoyable...but a bit confusing to me....never having climbed a mountain..will have to research it.......like base camp, camp numbers...how far from each other....how far did the group walk each day, temperatures. But, I would recommend it.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:04 AM

To me, that's sort of like the movie "Titanic". First half of the movie is leading up to the disaster, second half is watching everybody die.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by sandy l View Post
To me, that's sort of like the movie "Titanic". First half of the movie is leading up to the disaster, second half is watching everybody die.
Never thought of it that way! Actually, I never did watch the "new" version of T......I guess because for that reason.....but did watch on tv a long time ago an old, black & white version of same.....knowing the outcome....
Old 09-27-2015, 03:53 AM

I highly recommend the book, "Into Thin Air" that the movie is based on.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:42 AM
Power Poster

I don't watch movies where the endings are bad.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:06 AM

I never go to see a movie when I already know the ending. Especially with the cost of tickets today!
Old 09-27-2015, 09:02 AM

Never understood why climb a mountain that so many climbers have lost their lives doing so. I know it's bragging rights to make it up to the top and back, but I'd choose a smaller mountain and climb it twice. LOL
Old 09-27-2015, 10:23 AM

Just got back from seeing "Everest" in 3-D at an IMAX theater. I am exhausted!! Great movie, great cinematography too. I have been to Nepal and all the local scenes were realistic. I understand what drives those to climb, but can't imagine the physical toll it takes. This movie gives a pretty good look at it.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
Just got back from seeing "Everest" in 3-D at an IMAX theater. I am exhausted!! Great movie, great cinematography too. I have been to Nepal and all the local scenes were realistic. I understand what drives those to climb, but can't imagine the physical toll it takes. This movie gives a pretty good look at it.
Yes, I too saw it in 3-D......and "surround sound".... Ouch to the ears.......yes, the cinematography was good....not a place I would like to visit, but anyway, since I posted the original, have done some research.......and answered some of my own questions.....but the why of it is beyond my desire to achieve......
Old 09-29-2015, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Just saw that movie today.....well made, enjoyable...but a bit confusing to me....never having climbed a mountain..will have to research it.......like base camp, camp numbers...how far from each other....how far did the group walk each day, temperatures. But, I would recommend it.
You can read the book into thin air, it was written by John krakauer, who was on this expedition, it explains a lot.