Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Everest....

Everest....

Just saw that movie today.....well made, enjoyable...but a bit confusing to me....never having climbed a mountain..will have to research it.......like base camp, camp numbers...how far from each other....how far did the group walk each day, temperatures. But, I would recommend it.

Blog Entries
    To me, that's sort of like the movie "Titanic". First half of the movie is leading up to the disaster, second half is watching everybody die.

Quote Originally Posted by sandy l View Post
    To me, that's sort of like the movie "Titanic". First half of the movie is leading up to the disaster, second half is watching everybody die.
    Never thought of it that way! Actually, I never did watch the "new" version of T......I guess because for that reason.....but did watch on tv a long time ago an old, black & white version of same.....knowing the outcome....

I highly recommend the book, "Into Thin Air" that the movie is based on.

Power Poster
    I don't watch movies where the endings are bad.

Blog Entries
    I never go to see a movie when I already know the ending. Especially with the cost of tickets today!
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Never understood why climb a mountain that so many climbers have lost their lives doing so. I know it's bragging rights to make it up to the top and back, but I'd choose a smaller mountain and climb it twice. LOL

Just got back from seeing "Everest" in 3-D at an IMAX theater. I am exhausted!! Great movie, great cinematography too. I have been to Nepal and all the local scenes were realistic. I understand what drives those to climb, but can't imagine the physical toll it takes. This movie gives a pretty good look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
    Just got back from seeing "Everest" in 3-D at an IMAX theater. I am exhausted!! Great movie, great cinematography too. I have been to Nepal and all the local scenes were realistic. I understand what drives those to climb, but can't imagine the physical toll it takes. This movie gives a pretty good look at it.
    Yes, I too saw it in 3-D......and "surround sound".... Ouch to the ears.......yes, the cinematography was good....not a place I would like to visit, but anyway, since I posted the original, have done some research.......and answered some of my own questions.....but the why of it is beyond my desire to achieve......

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    Just saw that movie today.....well made, enjoyable...but a bit confusing to me....never having climbed a mountain..will have to research it.......like base camp, camp numbers...how far from each other....how far did the group walk each day, temperatures. But, I would recommend it.
    You can read the book into thin air, it was written by John krakauer, who was on this expedition, it explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by sandy l View Post
    I totally agree. You do know the ending of the movie.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort