Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook users, I have a question...........

Facebook users, I have a question...........

It seems Facebook now wants to charge you a fee for letting your friends see your updates.
    Is it per post or a one time fee? And how many of you will drop Facebook like a bad habit?

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/10/...est=latestnews
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

I haven't heard about this nonsense. But if they do start charging a fee I will drop them very quickly! I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that they just released on the news that there are now 1 BILLION Facebookers. I tell you its all about GREED!!!!
    Bernice
    City girl with a country heart!

If you read the whole story it isn't that you will pay a fee for your friends to see your stories. The fee is to keep your post at the top so your friends wouln't have to scroll through all their news feed to see your post.
    you may encounter defeats, but you must not be defeated....

Quote Originally Posted by Beeboop71 View Post
    I haven't heard about this nonsense. But if they do start charging a fee I will drop them very quickly! I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that they just released on the news that there are now 1 BILLION Facebookers. I tell you its all about GREED!!!!

Sounds like it. I personally do not use any of those social sites.
    My family has both our phone numbers and index fingers to push buttons. They can call and I will fill them in on the gossip here in Oregon......LOL
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Quote Originally Posted by aberi View Post
    If you read the whole story it isn't that you will pay a fee for your friends to see your stories. The fee is to keep your post at the top so your friends wouln't have to scroll through all their news feed to see your post.
    Maybe so, but would you still pay this fee? If it was a one time deal or monthly.

Hogwash - that rumor comes around all the time - facebook doesn't charge fees - that would be shooting themselves in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by 0tis View Post
    Hogwash - that rumor comes around all the time - facebook doesn't charge fees - that would be shooting themselves in the foot.
    I googled it, the consensus is that they wouldn't or won't.

But, if they did would you drop them like a bad habit? Or are you so addicted to Facebook and would pay the fee? (I have heard some people are. )

Blog Entries
    Don't do it! they will stop. i heard this on the news and it's ridiculous.

Blog Entries
    i don't really like Facebook... i only joined as i felt i was missing news from my family and friends. if they start charging for things, i'll drop them in a heartbeat.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

FB keeps saying it'll never charge . . . but guess we'll have to just wait and see.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast