FedX Smart Post?

Old 11-22-2011, 01:44 PM

Question FedX Smart Post?

Can anybody tell me the benefit of this? FedX delivers the package to your local post office then it takes another day or two to get to your house. Why not just send the package via the post office in the first place or in my case drive a few more blocks to deliver to me? Just wanted to vent a little...
Old 11-22-2011, 03:21 PM

I had a package shipped to my P.O. Box number. The seller shipped it FedEx. FedEx delivered it to the post office. The post office returned it as undeliverable although my box number was on it. Finally got the package 2 weeks later mailed by USPS.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Power Poster

hmmm, FedEx doesn't deliver to box numbers.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:45 PM

Fed Ex delivers to an address, altho they do deliver some pkgs to the Post Office, because I have sen them there. I have my FED Ex driver's name and phone # in my phone because he delivers a lot of stuff to me from the Census Bureau. I also send pkgs back thru him.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:34 PM

FedEx also delivers parcels to the post office which have street addresses far out from the town. What you cannot see on the FedEx package is the cost of delivery which is their charges + the postal service's part for delivering it for them. Who pays these charges? You.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Learner747 View Post
What you cannot see on the FedEx package is the cost of delivery which is their charges + the postal service's part for delivering it for them. Who pays these charges? You.
I know! That's what pisses me off!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:21 AM
QKO

If, say, you live 25 miles down a dirt road someplace, like people occasionally do out here, it might be a lot cheaper to use this service than to have Fedex (or UPS, they have the same thing) do a home delivery directly to you...
Old 11-23-2011, 07:12 PM

FedX delivered a package to me yesterday morning. I was washing my hair and my grandson heard the doorbell ring (he's been told NOT to answer the door w/o me). Anyway, he comes to tell me. I go to door thinking it was probably FedX as I was expecting a pkg. The pkg had been left at my door...no problem. Today, my DIL comes to pick up my grandson and she spies on the corner of my garage door a sticky that FedX had delivered a pkg and left it at my front door. Now this seems ok, right? However, I would never have noticed the sticky and the corner of my garage where it was left is about 3 feet from my front door! Literally, my DIL was standing at the corner and I was standing at the door when she spotted it!! We just burst out laughiing!! She said "well, at least you got it!". LOL
Old 11-26-2011, 05:25 AM

I like the service where FedEx will deliver to your mailbox. The last time FedEx delivered to us they dropped the package over our fence because we have locked gates. I didn't know he was delivering. The dogs chewed the package up and I had to reorder. The delivery instructions to the company had been "deliver by US Mail Service Only" so I didn't have to pay. However, the company said they never would use the US mail, so the next time FedEx delivered to our post office and the post office delivered it with our mail. We're in the country and the gates are not close to our house and are locked for a purpose.