Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Fighting for space

Am I the only one who has to fight for space to sew? My bird thinks my one spot large enough to cut fabric on is "His" spot. He gets irate if I block him from it. After I get done & take away the block, he struts back & forth like he's King of the countertop! LOL! He's over there now laughing to himself. Joke's on him...I'm just quilting the border on this baby quilt I'm working on. :-)

Blog Entries
    Can you take a picture of your bird for us?

I have a sewing room. It is niced sized, but my cat thinks she owns the whole darn thing! If I go to iron, she plops on my ironing space and waits for me to move her. If I sit to sew, she has my chair!

There are 3 chairs in this room. When I get fabric out of my cabinet, she is in there helping me by pulling other fabric out. Yes, I fight for room all the time! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiLu
    Can you take a picture of your bird for us?
    I'll put him under pictures section.. as Bird Sewing Buddy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joan_quilts
    I have a sewing room. It is niced sized, but my cat thinks she owns the whole darn thing! If I go to iron, she plops on my ironing space and waits for me to move her. If I sit to sew, she has my chair!

There are 3 chairs in this room. When I get fabric out of my cabinet, she is in there helping me by pulling other fabric out. Yes, I fight for room all the time! LOL
    Sounds like she wants sewing lessons!! Perhaps a kitty machine of her very own?! :lol: :lol: Aren't our critters just too cute for words??!! :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by joan_quilts

when i was a kid we had a large tabby male when he wanted attention from my mother he would lay on the ironing board more than once got his tail singed ha laso would sit on the sewing when mother sewed