Free Ebooks

Old 04-24-2012, 05:11 AM
Power Poster

Default Free Ebooks

You can find a lot of interesting books FOR FREE at www.booksontheknob.org. They offer free books for kindle, nook, epub and sometimes audio. All you have to do is sign up with your email addy and they email you. If you don't have an ereader but don't mind reading at your computer you can download the kindle and nook aps for free.

ALSO, Nook does free Fridays but that is a bit trickier as you have to go to barnes & noble web site or the nook facebook page to see what is free.

I have found some decent books and a few cookbooks for free.

If it is FREE it is for ME!
Old 04-24-2012, 05:39 AM

Thanks, I have the Nook Color. Barnes and Noble has a free section everyday where you can download books. I'm not sure though if they are compatible with the Kindle but can be downloaded to a pc desktop. I'll check out this link; I can always use free stuff. I like digital because it's clutter free and that is something that I hope one day to achieve. I don't think that I'll ever make it but I'd like to and at least this way it's a step in the right direction.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:16 AM

Thanks for the link! Amazon also has a pile of ebooks for free, all you have to do is search for "free kindle books" and you'll get a huge selection. Some of them are for a limited time only.

I don't know if they're compatible with the Nook. I have a Kindle.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:45 PM

Thank you for posting!
Old 04-25-2012, 04:36 AM

I get free books for my Kindle everyday through Pixel of Ink and Inspired Reads. Love both of those sites.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:00 AM

yes, there are a few free ebook sites....but something I have learned "after the fact"......a lot of the authors I personally prefer to read are not available on the free side, have to purchase book....even at the local library site many of these authors-publishers do not participate in the ebook genre so possible ebook buyer beware.......I have read a few of the free books offered and frankly the authors are mediocre-seem to be young writers looking for a following....so I will still be going to the library for real books.........and Kindle is not the wonderful little thing I thought it would be........
Old 04-25-2012, 05:06 AM
Power Poster

Another free option is your public library. There is an OVerdrive app you download to your phone/ereader and/or computer and use your library card number. They download directly to your device. You can get audio books too. Very handy.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:21 PM

I subscribe to Pixil, too, and have gotten some good books they have noted. You are right, you sometimes have to grab them quick because they are only free for a day (or less).

Mary
Old 04-25-2012, 01:22 PM

wow awesome information, I just got a Kindle last week.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
Another free option is your public library. There is an OVerdrive app you download to your phone/ereader and/or computer and use your library card number.
This only works if your library cooperates. Mine doesn't.