Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gardening - Looking for Peony Plants

I LOVE peonies, but can't find any in my area. Found one on eb**, but the seller wanted a small fortune to ship it. Please PM me if you have any shrubs you need to divide. Willing to pay for them or trade in fabric. :)

Quote Originally Posted by JackieG
    I LOVE peonies, but can't find any in my area. Found one on eb**, but the seller wanted a small fortune to ship it. Please PM me if you have any shrubs you need to divide. Willing to pay for them or trade in fabric. :)
    Jackie, do you have a Lowe's near you. I got some at Lowes.

I wish you were closer, I would give you some. I wouldnt know how to ship them, with out them freezing!

You may not find them in your area as they may not be suitable to the climate zone. Does it get cold enough for long enough for them?

I bought some through Spring Hill a few years ago, and they're doing great!

You would not believe how many peony tubulars I threw out last fall. I never thought of posting availability on QB. I supply all my neighbors with perennials, but had no takers for the peonies.

Blog Entries
    Breck's has gorgeous peonys ... they're a bit pricey but they have GREAT customer service and will replace anything that doesn't grow.

Kas
    Here's the skinny. Do not transplant or divide peonies at this time of year. Fall is the correct time for that. To get the most wonderful plants, order from A&D Peonies in Snohomish, WA. I have been to the garden many times and they have helped me identify some that were gifts with no names. Very nice people with VERY nice plants. I went once and they had a very fragrant pink that was mis tagged. The guy wasn't sure what it was, so that fall I went back and got the whole plant for $15! I still don't know what it is, but it smells lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnieKat
    Breck's has gorgeous peonys ... they're a bit pricey but they have GREAT customer service and will replace anything that doesn't grow.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by ssgramma
    You may not find them in your area as they may not be suitable to the climate zone. Does it get cold enough for long enough for them?
    Yes, it gets cold enough for them to go dormant. My neighbor has some and I noticed the gophers leave them alone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast