Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
giving a dog aspirin @@@ UPDATE@@@@ >

giving a dog aspirin @@@ UPDATE@@@@

giving a dog aspirin @@@ UPDATE@@@@

Old 03-25-2011, 11:50 AM

well I took the beast to the vet and she thinks he has a torn ligament in his knee, but hopes its just a partial tear. Gave him some Rymitol (alot cheaper than our old vet) and a morphin type pain pill to keep him mellow so he doesn't injur it any more or the other knee. His hips looked good though.

Thanks again for all the help
Old 03-25-2011, 12:25 PM

It's terrible when our babies hurt...glad things are working out...
Old 03-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Power Poster

Hope he is feeling better quick!
Old 03-25-2011, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by mimom
well I took the beast to the vet and she thinks he has a torn ligament in his knee, but hopes its just a partial tear. Gave him some Rymitol (alot cheaper than our old vet) and a morphin type pain pill to keep him mellow so he doesn't injur it any more or the other knee. His hips looked good though.

Thanks again for all the help
Good luck! I hope it isn't too bad. I just went through the major surgery thing with my rottie/mix back in November. It is a long haul recuperating. He had the metal plate inserted in the knee. Cost $$$$$ but he is so much better, it was worth it. Had to walk him on leash and no stairs for 16 - 20 weeks. We are now on week 19 and only 3 more weeks till I can go back up to my bed upstairs. Of course he THINKS he is all better. But I was told it is just like a football injury, takes 6 months for those tendons and ligaments to heal back to normal.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:03 PM

I hope that he gets back to his ole self soon.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:33 PM

I was wondering your babe. Hope he is back to normal soon.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:39 PM

thanks all
Old 03-26-2011, 03:57 AM

new update, I got up this morning and let him outside and he was still limping, when I went to let him back in he was starting to put weight on that leg again. I am so happy I could cry. I just hope its not too soon, I wouldn't want him to injur it more.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by mimom
new update, I got up this morning and let him outside and he was still limping, when I went to let him back in he was starting to put weight on that leg again. I am so happy I could cry. I just hope its not too soon, I wouldn't want him to injur it more.
Just take your time with his injury. I might suggest your keeping him on leash when outside for a few weeks to keep him from running, jumping etc. to reinjure it. My Gus is in week 19 of his recovery from his surgery. It is a long and expensive haul, but is so worth it. My surgeon said stairs are the worst thing for an ACL injury. Gus is still supposed to be on leash in the house when going upstairs. I have gates around my bed upstairs so he won't jump on it. He appears to be fine but I am not taking any chances on re-injury. I also have a very active great dane so it has been difficult to keep them from their romping around. Had to keep them separated for several weeks. Good luck with your pooch. I hope he doesn't need surgery, but if he does follow all the directions you are given. It is so worth it to have a healthy and happy pooch. We love our babes.