View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 04:29 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by mimom
new update, I got up this morning and let him outside and he was still limping, when I went to let him back in he was starting to put weight on that leg again. I am so happy I could cry. I just hope its not too soon, I wouldn't want him to injur it more.
Just take your time with his injury. I might suggest your keeping him on leash when outside for a few weeks to keep him from running, jumping etc. to reinjure it. My Gus is in week 19 of his recovery from his surgery. It is a long and expensive haul, but is so worth it. My surgeon said stairs are the worst thing for an ACL injury. Gus is still supposed to be on leash in the house when going upstairs. I have gates around my bed upstairs so he won't jump on it. He appears to be fine but I am not taking any chances on re-injury. I also have a very active great dane so it has been difficult to keep them from their romping around. Had to keep them separated for several weeks. Good luck with your pooch. I hope he doesn't need surgery, but if he does follow all the directions you are given. It is so worth it to have a healthy and happy pooch. We love our babes.