Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: going to retire

going to retire

We are wanting to move to western Wyoming. Tax friendly state. Also reasonalbly close to Salt Lake City where my husbands doctors are. Have been looking for a place to rent until we can find something to buy. Am wondering if anyone from this area, even Idaho know of single family houses for rent at a reasonable price for a couple of old folks. I appreaciate any suggestions given. Thank you wonderful ladies and gents in advance.

can't help, but welcome from se TX
    diane

Blog Entries
    i found two houses for rent in Evanston, the first city over the border from SLC
    http://wyoming.craigslist.org/apa/3602364732.html
    http://wyoming.craigslist.org/apa/3596968212.html
    there doesn't seem to be many houses listed. hope that helps
    Nancy in western NY

Contact a reality company. Now days most people do not advertise in papers. Tell them exactay what you are looking for in your price range. Good luck.

If my husband and I were younger we'd leave NY our home state for a more favorable less taxable state. They call NY the Vampire state...sucks the money right out of you with all the taxes.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

A lot of people don't realize that no income tax states have high real estate taxes. So a lot depends on your income and the value of your house/property whether you will benefit from moving to a no income tax state.

Blog Entries
    Check out http://www.realtor.com/ and see if you can find some listings that way.

Quote Originally Posted by nivosum View Post
    A lot of people don't realize that no income tax states have high real estate taxes. So a lot depends on your income and the value of your house/property whether you will benefit from moving to a no income tax state.
    Real estate taxes vary from county to county.If you get tired of renting you probably will be eligible for homestead . senior citizen and maybe handicapped exemption.Texas is very good about this and has no income tax plus low sales tax. I hope Wy is also.

The only way I'll drop 10 pounds is to go shopping in England. - Maxine-

I lived in TX and found their sales taxes to be high, compared to here in KY (ours is 6%). And they made up for no income tax in property taxes, utility bills and car insurance!! In spite of that, I loved living there, but I am so glad to be back in my native KY!
    Regina in Richmond, KY

When we moved here from Calif it was almost like living free! But we had lived temporarily in Okla and the sales tax in Texas was cheaper. Our property taxes are set by the county and in our county it is very low, homestead exemption is high, there is a cap on the taxes for senior citizens and for those who qualify the handicapped ciitizens have a tax exemption also. There is also an exemption if you raise livestock which only has to be 2 steers, I think. All in all living is cheaper here than when we lived in Va, La, Calif or Okla.

The only way I'll drop 10 pounds is to go shopping in England. - Maxine-

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast