Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Good Evening Quilters "Quilters Evening Club" >

Good Evening Quilters "Quilters Evening Club"

Good Evening Quilters "Quilters Evening Club"

Old 09-01-2010, 03:40 PM

It is hot and dry in my part of the world we haven't had rain in about 2 months, rained all around us but not here temp has cooled to 86. Enjoy you rain and send some south...
I am working on finishing my Bargello that I started with Barb_Mo a long time ago. I am putting on the border tonight and hope to get it to the LAQ this week end.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:51 PM

put together a table cloth yesterday (fabric only.. no batting, no quilting.. just fabric with a fall theme) have been handquilting my Harbor Quilt Shop (Gig Harbor WA) BOM (from 2006 or 2007) quilt while watching favorite shows on the internet (due to finances, cancelled cable 6 months ago) ... have 8 blocks completed and 4 yet to do.. then on to the borders..
Old 09-01-2010, 03:55 PM

It's just as hot in Canada, 32C which I think is close to 90F. We're trying to finish combining barley and baling second cut hay before the rain comes. It's just been too hot to quilt. I stitched a little on one of the quilts for our October quilt show late last night and stitched an apron for the quilter's boutique at the same show. Did manage to get the college dorm quilt finished for DD as school move-in is this weekend.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:57 PM

I have 2 quilts I am working on and just taking a break to make supper.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:58 PM

I wish it were warm here in saskatchewan,quilting gives me a good excuse not to go out LOL
Old 09-01-2010, 04:03 PM

I had my two year old grandson today. He has a slight fever and so can't go to daycare. Now I know why I have been feeling bad...Some virus the DGC picked up the first week of school!
I got my pp patterns today for the Japanese fan quilt. It will take a while for me to decide what fabrics I am going to use. It won't be a quick project, so I will work on other things at the same time.
When my DGD was here the other day, she went through my scraps and picked out fabrics for me to make her some doll quilts. I think I have a quilter to be there, she commented on how she liked to feel the fabrics and look at the different patterns!
I am not going to work on anything tonight. Just finished laundry and vacuuming and I am ready to relax for a while. So here I am! :lol:
Old 09-01-2010, 04:03 PM

It's cooling down alittle. Spent too much time on the board today, but did get the camper cleaned out for our getaway this weekend. I'm working on a UFO, that was started by someone else. Its so simple, but giving me a heck of a time. Then off to bed and back to work tomorrow.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Good evening craftybear and everyone else. I belong to the morning club can I be part of this one too? Ingot my blocks sewn together from this morning now I need to cut them again to make Ohio Stars for Danmar. Right now I am on a stationary bike getting in my exercise for the day. Been on here 27 min. so far and did a 30 min. workout before getting on the bike. Glad to see you are feeling better.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:24 PM

Cjo you are making me tired. I don't do the excercise thing.
However, it is pouring down rain in Arlington,Texas where I am at the hospital with mom. And it got totally dark gray outside. We are on the fifth floor too. lol. Today I read my new quilt mags and have some autumn themed items picked out to do when I get home.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:55 PM

Hi everyone,still pretty warm here.Went fabric shopping today,spent to much money but always do.I got some wonderful airplane fabric to make dgs a bedspread and curtians for his room.This evening I;ve quilted on dgs halloween quilt just need to bind it,will post pics when I finish but dont expect close-ups.ha-ha