Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Good Evening Quilters "Quilters Evening Club" >

Good Evening Quilters "Quilters Evening Club"

Good Evening Quilters "Quilters Evening Club"

Old 09-15-2010, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Originally Posted by Pats8e8
I'm only reading threads right now as I got up so dizzy this morning could harly walk, turned into stomach flu. Had to get a sub for my classes tonight. That makes me mad, I enjoy my classes and as we are just starting, know some of those ladies needed help tonight.
This is a nice thread though, nice to hear from all the different states and countries. Ditter 43, how are you feeling now? And tussymussy, what did you have done to your eyes?
I think this board is wonderful too. Going to lay down again. Oh, our weather has cooled into the high 80's this week, with strong wind every day. No rain here for months.
Hi Pats8e8, I hope you are feeling better now. I had a major reaction to an itsy bitsy cataract. So they took it out. For over a week I looked like something out of the Terminator films with a beautiful black eye and the eyeball a light burgundy colour.

It certainly made a stir whenever I ventured out. All healed now, but still can't have new glasses yet, so have long vision and poor reading sight in one eye, good reading sight no long vision in the other eye!

However, getting used it so have gone back to the Xmas prezzie I started before the op. Making a applique wall hanging of a house decorated for Xmas with lights on, cat in the window, large tree outside with star on top on a snowy night.

Machining around those snowflakes with dodgy sight has been a bit of a nightmare. Just one to finish tomorrow!
I just had cataract surgery today. I can't see too well out of it but it's not black or red. Do I need to say yet?? Since I can't see to well tonight, I can't sew, so I am on the board! Good luck with your eye healing.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pats8e8
I'm only reading threads right now as I got up so dizzy this morning could harly walk, turned into stomach flu. Had to get a sub for my classes tonight. That makes me mad, I enjoy my classes and as we are just starting, know some of those ladies needed help tonight.
This is a nice thread though, nice to hear from all the different states and countries. Ditter 43, how are you feeling now? And tussymussy, what did you have done to your eyes?
I think this board is wonderful too. Going to lay down again. Oh, our weather has cooled into the high 80's this week, with strong wind every day. No rain here for months.
I am feeling pretty bad...still have a runny nose but the worst thing is the fibro flare up...Worst one in a while...hurt too much to sleep well...aaarrrggg....I have been reading a book my DH told me about...it's an older book called "The Second Son" I have only read about 50 pages but it is well writted and has me hooked...It's by Charles Sailor.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:08 PM

Tussymussy, they must do cataract surgery different over across the pond. My son works with that surgery and I haven't heard of any black eyes out of it. Sorry to hear you had that problem with yours.
Ditter, that fibro sounds terrible. I have two ladies in my classes that have that and I know they suffer.
As for me, I'm still dizzy today, and I'm not even blond. :)
Have an appt with an ENT tomorrow. Had sinus surgery last year, just going for a check up, but will be able to ask him what is going on with this dizziness. I suspect the inner ear thing myself. I never have been able to go on circle rides, or even ferris wheels, without becoming violently ill. So have felt it's an inner ear thing. Haven't had it like this for maybe 10 yrs though. I want it to go away.
Hope we all feel better tomorrow!
Pat pats8e8
Old 09-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Google Goddess

Waving from Indiana, how is everyone
Old 09-16-2010, 05:50 AM

Hi gramquilter 2

I had the surgery on 23rd August. Bruising took a few days to come out but I had a very red eyeball from the day after. Mind you, I do bleed very easily due to a tiny little eye disorder. Over here, we have to wait 6 weeks for another eye test and new glasses. As I wore glasses, I have blanked off the eye which works well and rely on the bad eye for reading! Gives me a headache or 2 but new glasses in 2 weeks.

Here's hoping you recover well too.

I found hand sewing made my eyes ache a bit so I stayed away from it until last week but was able to use the machine within a few days, but could not do it for long as it was straining my eyes because of the glasses problem.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:52 AM

Sorry to hear you are still not feeling well Ditter 43. Hope you get well soon.