GoogleChrome + Qnntv

Old 12-29-2015, 09:43 AM

Wink GoogleChrome + Qnntv

Hello, Quilters & Crafters

There was a thread sometime ago about whether QNNTV was on Roku which it is not. I recently purchased GoogleChrome from Walmart for $35 and on their learn more help you can webcast from your laptop or iPad the apps are free. It works I am able to webcast my QNNTV show to my HD TV. I did have to purchase for $6.99 the premium app (playbar) that gives you the function to be able to rewind-forward-stop-play function.

Hope this helps another tech way to enjoy what we love.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:47 AM
Power Poster

Can you tell us what else you can watch on Google Chrome?? I am looking for an alternative to cable TV.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Can you tell us what else you can watch on Google Chrome?? I am looking for an alternative to cable TV.
boy, me too. I am tired of paying so much for Satelitte tv and not really have much choice.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:03 PM

I really wish the various cable companies would let its clients pick the channels they really want.....and charge accordingly.......there are channels we pay for that I would never watch...sooner watch grass grow! Yet I'm paying for them!
Old 12-29-2015, 02:07 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I really wish the various cable companies would let its clients pick the channels they really want.....and charge accordingly.......there are channels we pay for that I would never watch...sooner watch grass grow! Yet I'm paying for them!
Totally agree with you. But I also like to just turn on the tv and have it there without numerous remotes, worrying about streaming speed of Internet and looking for apps on the smart tv. Just speaking for myself.
Old 12-30-2015, 03:44 AM

After having Google chrome it only allow you to see Netflix, Yahoo, Crackle does not allow you to add apps. I am not that found of it really like Roku many channel, but on the other hand I like being able to webcast from my Laptop to TV.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:43 AM

We have none of these modern conveniences - still have an old tube-type TV and 'cable'. BUT was at BIL's house for Christmas dinner. SIL had gotten Roku and has Amazon prime. The Roku turns their HD TV into Smart TV (apparently). Kids were scrolling through what seemed like 100 pages of movies to watch that evening and couldn't come up with anything they either hadn't seen or wanted to watch. Made the comment to DH later when we were discussing the situation that it was the epitome of having 100's of channels to watch and still nothing you wanted to see! Maybe it's just me.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:45 AM
Power Poster

I use Roku. Lots of free channels and Amazon Prime on there. I subcribe to Netflix, $8 a month and Acorn BBC TV $4.99 a month and Amazon Prime. There are lots of Amazon and Netflix original series that are excellent. Amazon has all of the HBO complete series, even the new ones. I haven't checked out Google Play yet.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:08 AM

I'm like you njquilter...and really don't want all those other gadgets for only pennies a day costs.........I am pleased with the cable company, just wish it would trim off some of the clutter....tell me who watches gilligans island, for example...
Old 12-30-2015, 08:36 AM

i have had chromecast for about 2 years. It works great for casting from utube crackle and HBO prime. I love watching tutorials and old movies from utube. Great product giving lots of alternatives ways to watch tv