Grr .... Sinus Infection

Old 09-18-2011, 02:34 PM

Grr and double grr. I get to go to quilt camp this week (not the grr part :)). The last several days I've been on the edge of allergies aggravating my asthma, but absolutely no symptoms that a doctor would treat. Today I woke up with a sinus infection. Guess where I get to go tomorrow? On the bright side, at least I'll be on meds when I get to camp and won't have to find a doctor near there sometime during the week for an acute asthma flareup.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:38 PM

take care feel better and have lots of fun at camp
Old 09-18-2011, 02:54 PM

Oh I feel your pain. I got up last Saturday a week ago with the same thing, dh came home with a bug on Monday and I got that on Tues. Between congestion, ears and stomach it has been one very long week. Had to cancel trip to Toronto bc I feel so bad. Back to doc tomorrow! Hope yours is a quick and easy get well!
Old 09-18-2011, 02:57 PM

Sorry, hope your well in no time!
Old 09-18-2011, 03:00 PM

It must be that time of yr again. I've also got the sinus/ allergy/asthma thing going on. I manage indoors w the breathing machine and inhaler, but nothing helps when I step foot outside.
I know there are far worse things to deal with and now I don't have an excuse for not sewing!
Old 09-18-2011, 03:02 PM
Banned

hope you don't go somewhere humid or full of allergens! DO have fun!
Old 09-18-2011, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
hope you don't go somewhere humid or full of allergens! DO have fun!
That's the thing - it's at a YMCA summer camp facility. Highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's means the fireplace (at the other end of the sewing room from me) will probably be lit, at least in the evenings. And we stay in the cabins and have to walk outside to the bathhouse :-). So I was expecting a little worse than average week with my breathing, but know that if I don't nip the sinus infection in the bud, it will be a full-blown asthma flareup within 24 hours of getting to camp :-(.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:12 PM

I use hot packs to help with sinus infections. Mine don't drain well. Asthma. And allergic to most antibiotics! Wet wash cloth or hand towel real well. Lay flat in zip lock. Don't seal. Put in microwave 3 min. Take out carefully keeping it flat. Close. Wrap in dry cloth. Put on sinus unwrap as cools. Repeat, at first I do Several treatments to break up stuff in sinus's and get it to drain. Then I do it several times a day. Learned from ENT Dr. Not a substitute for medical care!!!
Old 09-18-2011, 04:15 PM

Feel your pain!
Old 09-18-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Painiacs
I use hot packs to help with sinus infections. Mine don't drain well. Asthma. And allergic to most antibiotics! Wet wash cloth or hand towel real well. Lay flat in zip lock. Don't seal. Put in microwave 3 min. Take out carefully keeping it flat. Close. Wrap in dry cloth. Put on sinus unwrap as cools. Repeat, at first I do Several treatments to break up stuff in sinus's and get it to drain. Then I do it several times a day. Learned from ENT Dr. Not a substitute for medical care!!!
I've dealt with sinus infections for years. I had them repeatedly for 5 months before starting allergy shots. Since the shots started (5 years ago :-() I only get sinus issues about once a year. And the only reason I'm going to the doctor this time is so I can avoid it turning into something worse while at camp ... otherwise I would stick with the steam, warm cloths, nettipot, and extra fluids that I normally do. But thanks for the recommendation.