Gully Washer!

Old 07-12-2010, 06:25 AM

Woohoo, we have rain, and more rain, and cats and dogs, and puppies and kitties and.... Temp is sitting at around 65*.

Good news is it is cooled down so much we have no longer have a heat wave and all the fans are off except the ceiling fans. Doors and windows wide open. Nice and cool. It sounds so good to hear the rain.

No watering garden today or tomorrow. Everything turned so brown and dry this week and looked dead. Many folks will not even get their normal corn crop. Both eating and sileage(sp) have yet to sprout ears. Most veggies are doing poorly. We rely on our gardens heavily here and this will be a loss to many. Most folks won't have cukes and many other veggies due to dryness. Guess the river will rise and imagine there will be flash flooding. Everything is getting a good bath.

Thank God DH finished roofing the garage otherwise it would be flooded.

What's going on in your neck of the woods?
Old 07-12-2010, 06:33 AM
Power Poster

Rain again this morning. Everything is flooding here. Thank goodness I live up on a hill. :-D
Old 07-12-2010, 06:34 AM

A little rain last night and spotted rain forecast this week. Sunny right now though. Temp? I don't even know. Let's see, it's 77 right now but supposed to go to 84. Humid. Mid 80's to low 90's forecast for the week. Corn and beans doing good except for the large spots that washed out. Most farmers beginning to replant beans, wheat or hay, too late to replant corn.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:34 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

We finally got rain too. What a relief, everything was turning brown and the trees were starting to wilt. The temp has dropped but they say it will go back up. BUMMER!!! We might get more rain today and a few times this week. It is needed so badly. We are used to getting some kind of rain atleast once a week but it seems like weeks sense we had a decent rain.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:59 AM

We have had 3 weeks of intermittent rain, this week is to be very high 90s and no rain, down to 80 or so at night. High humidity. Thank heavens for AC. :!:
Old 07-12-2010, 07:15 AM

No rain here!! Just lots of thunder 3 days ago...clear skies since! When I was a kid, I was jealous of my cousins that lived in SUNNY California! Now, reading Carrie's post, I realize I live in SUNNY OREGON!!!! :)
Old 07-12-2010, 07:17 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I tell you I was begining to think I was back in Cali.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:12 AM

Lots of rain. 3 1/2 inches last week and another 3 1/2 inches last night. Tornadoe north of here, haven't heard of any damage yet. Can't get in the garden now for several days unless I want to look like a mudpie. But the rain was much needed as the grass was brown and dry.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:30 AM

Here in Ohio it was raining this morning but has stopped in time for DH has golf league. still have some dark clouds. Just hope rain gets clearedout of forecast for family reunion in Grayson, Ky. this coming Sat.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:35 AM

Here in Connecticut it is just as dry and hot as it has been for weeks! 95 degrees right now and I live 2-3 blocks from the water. None of the rain predicted last week or this past weekend materialized. Now there are promises of rain showers on and off for Tuesday and Wednesday. I guess we'll see.
On the other hand, if it still doesn't rain, I won't have to cut the grass! :lol: