Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Happy box to AF.

Blog Entries
    DH and I have just mailed the umpteenth box to our DD in AF.We went to Walmart and spent and hr. looking for stuff that we take for granted like tissue and paper clips. I also send her flannel PJ pants to wear in the barraks when off duty. I have a lot of flannel and just saw the post about the fires in Amarillo. I am sending out a box tomorrow to them. Please ,don't forget our troops overseas. They need our help too. God bless our troops.

March 12th we are sending 250 boxes we will never forget them. They are my heros and I love them all!!

Blog Entries
    Ohhhh I send a box every other week to my son and the others in his area. We take alot for granted being here. Thank your DD for her service for me.. I am looking forward to April when my DS will be home in the states for a little while anyway. Prayers for all the service people!

Blog Entries
    Thank you Jade for all you do for the men and women that are serving our country!

I thought someone was joking a few years ago when they asked for diaper wipes. Then I was told they were for bathing. Just makes me value things so much more!!

what I do is a tiny speck of sand compared to what you son and granma1's daughter does. Since my husband and I cannot serve it is our way to give back and support them :)

Quote Originally Posted by lisainmo
    Thank you Jade for all you do for the men and women that are serving our country!

Blog Entries
    When my sister was in Iraq a few years ago, we sent boxes to her every week. If anyone one in her platoon needed something, I did my best to send it to them. Our military men and women sacrifice so much for us that I felt honored to be able to help them.

Just sent a box of quilting fabric today to a quilting group stationed in Afghanistan! God bless them all!

Blog Entries
    When my son was serving for 5 years on the Harry E. Yarnell, he asked me to either send him enough for lots of his friends. Said that most guys didn't get anything from home at all, so sure did like the stuff he and other lucky ones rec from home. He said when he got a package, he took it to his bunk and could almost feel the ship sinking on his side because of all the guys who "Just happened" to be going his way then.

Farm Quilter here is collecting 12" finished (12 1/2" unfinished) red white and blue blocks to send to her daughters group overseas. I believe she has 2 daughters serving!

I need to get my rwb together!