Happy mother's day~

Old 05-13-2012, 03:07 AM

Red face Happy mother's day~

Well, what are you doing today? I am going to finish binding a quilt, make a roast beef dinner, go to Menard's with #1 husband and get some picket fencing for our garden, plant some flowers from my husband, have a glass of wine with my neighbor and enjoy the day. It is a beautiful day so far (considering it is only 6:04 AM CDT), nary a cloud in the sky. Have a great day - all of you! Edie

PS - Kids can't make it today - they are tending their kids - They raise goats and have a slew of babies!!! Goats, that is, and they have to be fed and our kids live out of town - so we'll wait until the kids (the goats) are big enough to not have to be fed all the time and the kids can come over here and we can feed them (the grandkids that is)!!!!! Get it? Got it? Good!!!!!
Old 05-13-2012, 03:35 AM
Power Poster

Happy Mothers Day to you and all of the Mom's out there.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:38 AM

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms on the Qb . I'm going to church and then my DH and one od myDD are going to my DMIL to take her to lunch. I'm going to call my mom as i was just to her place last week. After that, not sure, sewing if inhave time!
Old 05-13-2012, 04:00 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Edie View Post
... with #1 husband ....
Happy Mother's Day. I was just wondering... is there a #2 and/or #3 husband????? LOL
Old 05-13-2012, 04:06 AM

I will add my...... HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY..... to yours. I will probably do some sewing. I'm working on a birthday dress for my greatGD.... she will be 3 next month. She needs a matching purse and a tiara for her day..... so I still have a lot to do.

My kids are grown and gone, too. Two are 1200 miles away in NC, one is 500 miles away downstate.... so I'll get calls but visits will have to wait till another time.

Enjoy your day, you moms.......
Old 05-13-2012, 08:10 AM

Happy Mother's day!! to all you Mutha's (a term my husband uses on this day for me)

I love it, I am greeted every Mother's day like this........"Happy Mother's Day, you Mutha!" hehe
Old 05-13-2012, 08:14 AM

Today I am spending a leisurely day of doing nothing....lol
My husband took me to MacGrath's yesterday for an early Mom's day lunch. And it was delicious, I had crab stuffed halibut witha lobster cream sauce. On the side I had rd potatoes and steamed brocolli. And a cup of Fisherman's stew (this stuff is to die for). And a slice of Key Lime Pie.

We went out shoe shopping for my present, but I couldn't find a pair I wanted. I am spoiled with those walking shoes that tone your legs. I don't wear them for that purpose, they are easy on my hip and feet. So I found a pair on Amazon.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:00 AM

Happy Mother's Day to you and all the mothers here on the board. I'm at work, 7am to 7pm today. I went home on my break to let my dogs in and my daughter and her family met me there. Her son (6yrs old) made me cookies on a stick and put them in a I Love Mom coffee cup; they were soooo gorgeous. He also made me a card; it's great when they can start writing words them selves. He put in it that I should move out and into their apartment. I pointed out it'd be really crowded and then he'd also have no where to visit. He thought those were good points. My daughter had gotten me a tuplip plant the other day and managed to get the ones I like which aren't easy because they are hard to find plus I like them when they are closed up so that I get to see the whole thing and they last longer. She got them right (on purpose) red and yellow striped ones and are they blooming pretty today. She also gave me a card today and in it had her family's names signed and her oldest brothers. Which I thought was strange but nice. With about 20yrs in their age difference they get along but don't hang out or really close. Then she handed me a piece of paper that explained it all. Her and her brother had gotten me Lady Antebellem tickets for next month. That is my favorite band. When her brother had heard what she was doing he offered to her to go in halfs since he knows she doesn't have much money. She had asked me to take June the 10th off but wouldn't tell me why; now I know. To say the least, I cried all the way back to work. I have 5 kids and my oldest and youngest (only girl) just made me so very happy. Tonight I'll go home eat my food from the Greek Festival that we have and just smile at the wonderful day. Not as much because of the present but my two did it together. That's the most awesome part. You all enjoy.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:18 AM

Happy Mother's Day. I get to have dinner with the kids and grand kids. So much fun.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:05 PM

Happy Mothers day all!

I did something rather unusual. I cut a sofa in half with a sawz-all. It was the easiest way to get the beast out of the house!

I've also got a Pot Roast simmering on the stove and it smells DELICIOUS!!