Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Hard to watch!....not funny! >

Hard to watch!....not funny!

Hard to watch!....not funny!

Old 12-09-2010, 11:55 AM

It was hard to watch this whole video made in Australia. If I was ever tempted to drink and drive, text and drive or just talk on the phone while driving, this would stop me. Driving as we do on autopilot so many times. We need to stay alert!!!!
If you have a weak stomach be forewarned. You will almost surely cry. I did!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Z2mf8DtWWd8
Old 12-09-2010, 12:20 PM

Oh wow. It is hard to watch. Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 12:44 PM

You're so right Ditter it is hard to watch but we should watch it and be more aware and alert when we get behind the wheel of our vehicles. Thanks for posting.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:08 PM

Working in an Emergency Dept. for the past 20 years I've seen so many of these scenes that are portrayed. It's amazing how people react to the same situations at different times...it also amazes me with SO many ads and you tube videos that people still drink,drive, text and talk on their phones..Please, everyone think before getting behind the wheels of your cars.The lives that will be changed forever is amazing.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Banned

So Sad.....My girlfriend died in 1969 on Labor Day from a drunk driver. My daughter's boyfriend sister in 1995 died from drinking and it eventually tore them apart....

Hopefully, people will show this video to their children....
Old 12-09-2010, 01:44 PM

They need to show this to the high school kids on the last day of Graduation...........I'm sending to some of my friends kids that are just starting to drive.......
soooooo sad :cry: :cry:
Old 12-09-2010, 02:21 PM

yes spread the word ---i live in australia but never have i seen it until now--yes it is difficult towatch but believe me a lot harder to live it
Old 12-09-2010, 02:28 PM

That was tough to watch. I spent 20 years working in Intensive Care/ Trauma. The hardest part is dealing with families in the worst time of their lives. Either by losing someone they love or having their loved one live on in a vegetative state rips a lot of families apart.
The tide is changing, but there is still way too much emphasis on having alcohol or drugs in order to have 'fun.'
Old 12-09-2010, 02:42 PM

I live in Australia, in Victoria where this ad is made. This ad is actually snippets of all the TAC (Transport Accident commission) made over the last 20 years or so. Yes they are graphic, and yes they are heart wrenching, but they work. Some poeple just do not realize what they are doing when they get behind the wheel of a car. Yeah, its a 'car'....it is also a machine, only does what the driver tells it to do. Drivers need to be aware that its not just your life on the line every time you get into a car, its the lives of every other motorist, and passenger out there on the road.

Be aware and drive safely. Be aware of every car around you and look into the distance whist driving too, so you can see whats coming. Too often People dont look past the end of their bonnets (or hoods) and by then its too late. Take care out there on the road
Old 12-09-2010, 02:46 PM

I spent 17 years working on an ambulance and two with a helicopter. I have witnessed the personal devistation that driving, combined with drinking,texting, drugging causes. many just don't get it, or if they do, they think it will never happen to them.