Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Has any one noticed?

I use to buy on E-Bay all the time. Not so much anymore. I would rather buy from people on this board. Please consider selling here. I'm always looking and buying. I know I would buy from you. Just think of all the money you would save by not paying the fees for E-Bay and Pay Pal. :O)

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    I haven't looked lately. I buy most things locally on craigslist. Wish there was more fabric available on there.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

The "good old days " of ebay were about 10 years ago (I was briefly a power seller)
    Long arm quilting in Carmel, Indiana http://quiltcycle.blogspot.com/

Sucia, I have a lot of Christmas fabric,don't know about santa but i will look and let you know guarentee it will be a very good deal if I do

I hate e-bay.

I have noticed even here that prices have gone up. Used to be fabric was $3-4 a yard, now $5-6 a lot of the time!
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
    Susan

What about using some of your stash up toward a charity? Little Dresses for Africa is an organization that collects and delivers dresses to poor and orphaned children. I have a blast digging through my stash to find coordinating fabric. You can find a pattern for pillowcase dress on the website, www.littledressesforafrica.com. You do not need to use a pillowcase. You can just use fabric instead.

Another fun pattern can be found by googling Good Deeds Dress. It is a total blast to make, and it looks better than pillowcase dresses. A lot of fabrics that do not necessarily look good in quilts make cute little dresses, especially once you dress them up with ribbons, bows, etc.

That is just a aimple idea.

If you really want to sell your fabric, maybe you can post it here providing that you qualify, or you can always list your fabric on etsy. Artsy people use that web site often to find and buy materials. Good luck!

Honestly I always look here first, then to Ebay. I did buy some really cute fabric on Ebay a while back. But my first choice is right here on these boards.
    Amythyst

Blog Entries
    August is always a terrible time for sales on eBay ... but a good time for buyers!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

My husband does some selling on ebay and has said the same thing about other items. There are sewing forums to sell fabric that might be better to sell fabric. Yahoo groups has one...and you don't have to pay when you sell. I think ebay is taking a bigger percentage now when you sell. Craigslist is another place to sell your fabric and no charge.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast