Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: has anyone heard about the space statiion dropping back

to earth in 2020 I heard something on the news but only a little bit that the powers that be are letting it fall back to earth because they won't fund it any longer. So all this money we have invested over the years is gone.

Blog Entries
    Hope they aim it at the ocean. I don't want to be under it then.

Blog Entries
    I read where they can't leave it in space. Pieces will fall off eventually and it could cause major problems. So they are planning on dumping it into the sea. :D:D:D

np3
    Blog Entries
    What a waste of money...

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    I read where they can't leave it in space. Pieces will fall off eventually and it could cause major problems. So they are planning on dumping it into the sea. :D:D:D
    I think I remember hearing that it would have outlived it's usefulness.

If true, then better to let it go than to keep throwing money at it. It was well worth the cost while it was in use, and now it's time to retire it and make room for the next thing.

Not a waste at all. Think of it like a car that you buy and maintain for years, then eventually replace. The money you spent on it while it was carting you safely around town wasn't a waste, even when it isn't the car you drive anymore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieR
    If true, then better to let it go than to keep throwing money at it. It was well worth the cost while it was in use, and now it's time to retire it and make room for the next thing.

Not a waste at all. Think of it like a car that you buy and maintain for years, then eventually replace. The money you spent on it while it was carting you safely around town wasn't a waste, even when it isn't the car you drive anymore.
    AND we did share the expenses on this with other countries... unlike other outer space expeditions :D:D:D

np3
    Blog Entries

Sorry, I understand what you are saying, but I don't dump my old cars into the ocean. I hate the idea of dumping this into the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by np3

Sorry, I understand what you are saying, but I don't dump my old cars into the ocean. I hate the idea of dumping this into the ocean.
    No, we dump our cars on land. Which is where the space station will end up eventually, too, even though it might have a great second career as a habitat for sea life.

Blog Entries
    everything that gets old is expendable.
    (so don't get old, he,he.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast