Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Has anyone from the USA had a surgery performed in Mexico on the QB?? >

Has anyone from the USA had a surgery performed in Mexico on the QB??

Has anyone from the USA had a surgery performed in Mexico on the QB??

Old 05-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Banned

I am contemplating having a surgery done in Mexico. I researched and got information. I am just curious if any of you have had positive or negative experiences?

I would have it done in America if I could afford it. It is 12000.oo dollars cheaper in Mexico and that included airfare, hotel and the procedure. Pretty Amazing.

I am thinking of a lapband or a gastric sleeve for weight loss. I have called some physicians in my area to ask about fills and their experience with patients that had their surgeries performed in Mexico only one responded back and said they were fine.

What are your experiences?
Old 05-25-2011, 08:08 AM

I guess I assumed both procedures were covered by insurance. I haven't had surgery in Mexico but would suggest talking with some of the patients (if possible) that had the same sugery in the same hospital. I hope it works out for you.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

I would try to find other patients who have had it done in Mexico. Don't rush into it until you have researched it.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:18 AM
Power Poster

Charisma from your picture you don't look like you need that surgery.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:28 AM

Sent PM
Old 05-25-2011, 08:35 AM

Don't both of those procedures really need a lot of followup if they are to work right? I know my niece continued to see her doctor for two years after her procedure.

But, my SIL had her teeth removed and got false teeth in Mexico and is completely satisfied. It was all done in one day.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by scrappycats
Don't both of those procedures really need a lot of followup if they are to work right? I know my niece continued to see her doctor for two years after her procedure.

But, my SIL had her teeth removed and got false teeth in Mexico and is completely satisfied. It was all done in one day.
Well the Lapband is a 45 minute procedure...and I can get any follow up work for a decent price in my area.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by blueangel
Charisma from your picture you don't look like you need that surgery.
I won't rush into it..of course. I am middle and bottom heavy. that is why my picture doesn't show my "issue" LOL
Old 05-25-2011, 09:03 AM

A friend of mine who does not have medical insurance did quite a bit of research on "medical travel" and researched several countries including Mexico. She was researching dental work. Another friend researched eye surgery. BOTH of them had their work done in Hungary. They both said (and they don't know each other) that it was cheaper to travel to have it done in Hungary, the services in Hungary were top notch and highly rated and recommended, and they didn't have to worry about food or water issues. Hungary was overall a much safer place to visit as well. One of the frinds lives in Cal and obviously Mexico would have been much cheaper for her cause she could have driven, but was put off by some of the things she researched about Mexico medical (I don't remember what exactly).
Old 05-25-2011, 09:10 AM
Power Poster

Maybe the staff and hospitals have improved in the bigger city areas. No health regulations and even the ones they do have, no big deal if they aren't followed.

Oh I remember a friend whose FIL had a broken arm set while on vacation was telling how it took a lot tips to the hospital staff to get them to do much of anything without waiting for hours.