Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Haunted House

Kola makes a noise at the front door. It sounds like she is throwing something at the house.

The backdoor is a different story, she has shredded the weatherstripping so bad it needs replacing.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Blog Entries
    Where's the camera when you need it--what a great picture that would have been

Blog Entries
    Yes, this cat and our previous dog have chewed up my dining room chairs. The legs and cross supports look like heck. But they are yard sale finds so I don't worry too much about it. We do stop them when we catch, but it's too late to save the chairs. I've just never been able to bring myself to declaw a cat. Just doesn't feel right to me. To each his own. When granps was diagnosed with dementia, he would play with this barn cat that made itself at home at their place. But the cat would scratch him, so the visiting nurses said that we should either get rid of the cat or have it declawed. I had it declawed, cause gramp loved that cat. When we brought it back, he insisted that wasn't his cat and wouldn't have anything to do with it. The cat curled up in the corner and died. I was devestated. Not sure if cause was the declawing or gramps rejection. On a happier note. I do love my cats, and prob let them get away with Wayyyyyy too much. Mine throws my glasses off the dresser, then wakes me up every morning by licking my face. I think she is trying to hand the glasses to me, cause the very last thing I do is take them off, and the first thing in morning is put them back on. Many times DH has had to help me look, cause I can't see without them! LOL Gotta love them furbabies.
    Last edited by buslady; 12-18-2012 at 07:37 AM.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

very smart cat. they never cease to amaze me with their intelligence and ability to train us as well

fur babies train us so that we feel like we are in charge but in reality they are. Love my girls.

My DS has a pittie and a boxer. The doors at his home have "handle" type knobs. When the dogs want to go out, they just walk over, open the door, and march out. When they want to come back in, same story! It's hysterical!

Blog Entries
    Years ago I taught a dog to knock down the lever type handles. He taught other dogs and cats. When I moved house the cat went all around the house even if the doors were shut by opening each door. In the end I changed handles. But I had a new front door with a lever, the cat used to pull the lever down then slide off to make a clang sound to let me know when sh wanted to come in. My mother always said it served me right for teaching the dog. .my present cat lives half out and in. If she can't get in she just makes a sound and 3 dogs barking soon get attention. She comes in and sleeps in one of the dogs beds who tries to get in. Clever to their own ends.
    Finished is better than a UFO

If I happen to shut my dog in a room, she just lies down and goes to sleep. Won't answer even if I call her. But boy does she streak when I open the door.
    If you wouldn't write it and sign it, don't say it.

Did you know that cats can climb ladders? Yep, sure can, I learnwed that many, many years ago. I was home for the summer (from Poland) and staying with my pastor and his family. They left on a one week vacation and left me in charge of the house. My pastor was in the process of paiting the house when they left, so never put the ladder away. The first night they were gone, their cat didn'tcome in the house at night. The very next morning I heard this noise and I had no idea where it was coming from. Next thing I knew, I heard this loud meowing coming from the top of the bedroom window (one of those high windows) and a thud like something was coming through the window. That woke me up for sure! I went outside to see what the noise was a found a ladder next to the window and the cat on top of it wanting to come in! The whole night the cat would climb up the ladder and meow to let me know that he wanted in!

Blog Entries
    Cats are so funny! Would have scared me silly!
    Blessed Be
    Darlene

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast