Thread: Haunted House
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 07:35 AM
buslady

Yes, this cat and our previous dog have chewed up my dining room chairs. The legs and cross supports look like heck. But they are yard sale finds so I don't worry too much about it. We do stop them when we catch, but it's too late to save the chairs. I've just never been able to bring myself to declaw a cat. Just doesn't feel right to me. To each his own. When granps was diagnosed with dementia, he would play with this barn cat that made itself at home at their place. But the cat would scratch him, so the visiting nurses said that we should either get rid of the cat or have it declawed. I had it declawed, cause gramp loved that cat. When we brought it back, he insisted that wasn't his cat and wouldn't have anything to do with it. The cat curled up in the corner and died. I was devestated. Not sure if cause was the declawing or gramps rejection. On a happier note. I do love my cats, and prob let them get away with Wayyyyyy too much. Mine throws my glasses off the dresser, then wakes me up every morning by licking my face. I think she is trying to hand the glasses to me, cause the very last thing I do is take them off, and the first thing in morning is put them back on. Many times DH has had to help me look, cause I can't see without them! LOL Gotta love them furbabies.

Last edited by buslady; 12-18-2012 at 07:37 AM.