Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Have You Been Naughty or Nice? >

Have You Been Naughty or Nice?

Have You Been Naughty or Nice?

Old 12-14-2011, 10:15 AM
Power Poster

Default Have You Been Naughty or Nice?

List at least 3 ways you have been naughty and at least 3 ways you have been nice this year!

Let's see where you sit in the balance of good versus evil! LOL

You can include your spouse and kids in this listing too if you like. We love to see what everyone is up to!!

for me:

Naughty
1. I spent too much money at Walmart earlier this week!!
2. I argue with my mom too much (I'm 56 and she is 78 and still trying to raise me! LOL)
3. Let's see something I can admit too without too much embarrassment.....
I'm terrible about working at losing weight.

Nice
1. I am writing the EQ classes
2. Hmmmm this one is harder......I'm working on my mom's Book she is writing about her life. Putting pictures in order in a file for the Printers to use.
3. I pick up little things at Walmart when I shop and give them to my Mom and my friend Dorothy as day brighteners. Things they need or things they like to eat like fresh fruit.

So what have YOU been up to?
Old 12-14-2011, 10:25 AM
Banned

Naughty
1. I spent too much money at a fabric shop down in TX last week!!
2. I argue with my mom too much (I'm 50 and she is 74 and still trying to raise me! LOL)
3. I am stashing money away to go on an all girls vacation this summer!

Nice
1.I helped my elderly friend survive her broken arm, then move to an apt, have her estate sale, sell her house, and now adjust to a broken wrist. (two falls in one year..she is 74)
2. Paid the taxes on my Aunts property while she could not work to having her eyes operated on 4 times due to macular degeneration.
3. I buy SALE veggies/meats to bring home to my elderly needier neighbors, since this is not garden season, I always share our bounty from the garden with them.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:53 AM

This week

Naughty:

1. Not keeping in touch with out-of-state relatives on a regular basis.
2. I've been trying to start my diet for 2 weeks. Not quite there yet.
3. Still having naughty thoughts about the new layout of the message board. I miss chating w/some of my friends that have moved on.

Nice:

1. Made cookies for DH at 11pm last night. He's a nite owl, so they were right on time.
2. Helping DH with a project he's working on without complaining. I absolutely HATE IT!
3. Made enough dinner to share with niece & nephew a couple times this week.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:11 AM

Naughty:
1. Spending too much time here
2. Not cleaning house enough
3. Talking "mean" about the neighbor dogs when they won't stop barking at night
4. Hoping a coworker would get another job---she did!!!

Nice:
1. Helping daughter with grandsons while she is in nursing school
2. Send CHRISTmas cards to the widows, widowers, and shut ins from church
3. Made veil, flower girl baskets, bubble baskets, and ring bearer pillow for niece's wedding
Old 12-14-2011, 12:05 PM

Naughty:
1. Spent too much $$$ at FabricDepot.Com
2. Spent too much $$$ at ConnectingThreads.Com
3. Spend more time sewing than cleaning house

Nice:
1. Stayed home instead of going to our quilting group's annual Christmas party so I wouldn't give everyone my cold
2. Made our annual donations to charity organizations even though we are in a financial bind ourselves
3. Didn't swear when our 16yr old washing machine spit up it's guts and died this week
Old 12-14-2011, 12:26 PM

Naughty
1. Not letting people pull out in front of me when I’m in traffic. (I’m in a hurry, too).
2. Not helping co-workers with their work because they spend too much time texting on their cell phones instead of working.
3. Fussing about staying late at work to do meet a deadline that was known about weeks in advance.

Nice
1. Emptied my change purse into the Salvation Army red kettle at WalMart last week.
2. Used some of my stash fleece to make a cute scarf for co-worker’s daughter because my co-worker wouldn’t know how to buy fabric (she did pay me for the fleece and insisted on adding more for my time).
3. Offered to make scarfs for nothing for other co-workers if they bought the fleece because the scarfs are so easy to make and it only takes about 30 minutes to get them done.
4. Made a card and wristlet for my ex-husband’s sister and mailed it to her because she is not in the best of health.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:44 PM

Naughty
1. Twisted Candi's arm (made her buy Christmas fabric when we were out at fabric store on Saturday).
2. Didn't return phone call made by my Uncle Charlie.
3. Didn't let PITA (pain in the a$$) friend guilt me into including him in family Christmas (last year he lectured DH's adult son on his actions, caused DH to yell at me, and DH said he would not participate if he was invited again).

Nice:
1. Twisted Candi's arm when we were shopping on Saturday, (she went home with a beautiful Christmas table runner which her DH loves)
2. Found mom a home near me and have been meeting with contractors to get all work done so she can move to FL when she's ready.
3. Picked up extra shifts at work so co-workers could be off for personal reasons.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:57 PM

Naughty:
1) Haven't always spent (or saved) wisely.
2) Just can't make myself do housework.
3) Am poorly organized.

Nice:
1) Love to love and spoil the grandkids.
2) Excellant, responsible pet owner (except for over-feeding =16 # cats)
3)Starting to change livestyle/ lose weight.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Banned

LOVING this thread...encourage more to come and tell all...
Old 12-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Power Poster

I enjoyed each one of your "naughty/nice". Been too busy getting ready to move and now moved in.
Naughty: Too tired to unpack anything. Spent way too much money on fabrics last year and now don't have the space to hide it all. Diet, won't go there.
Nice: Donated money to favorite organizations who do so much good. Am a good listener to lonely friends who have so many health issues and family members just don't want to hear about it anymore. I don't mind them repeating themselves and happy to be an outlet. I hope someone will do the same when I need one. Donate books to the local library.