Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Have you ordered online again with Connecting Threads?

It has been suggested to me to buy a gift card when you want to purchase on-line. Many are available - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, even PayPal in any amount you want/need. You'll pay about $3.95 to $5.95 for a $100+ card, so basically you'll pay 6 bucks for the secuity of not having your credit card out there. Just a thought.
    Jo

When I order from Connecting Threads I use "Pay Pal", that way the store doesn't have my credit card on file.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo M View Post
    It has been suggested to me to buy a gift card when you want to purchase on-line. Many are available - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, even PayPal in any amount you want/need. You'll pay about $3.95 to $5.95 for a $100+ card, so basically you'll pay 6 bucks for the secuity of not having your credit card out there. Just a thought.
    That is what I am now doing!

Blog Entries
    If you stop ordering from every company that has had credit card info compromised you wouldn't order anything. Every major credit card database has been compromised at one time and will be again. Most do not let that info out, not even to the stores that took your card. Just take off the charges and issue new cards. You'll never know why in most cases.
    Got fabric?

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    If you stop ordering from every company that has had credit card info compromised you wouldn't order anything. Every major credit card database has been compromised at one time and will be again. Most do not let that info out, not even to the stores that took your card. Just take off the charges and issue new cards. You'll never know why in most cases.
    I agree, unless you intend to never order online, not ordering from CT is not going to keep your info safe,too many hackers out there hacking into lots of databases.
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D

Haven't had any problems with CT.didn't realize that there even was any trouble

I do like Easy Peasy and call my orders in. No problem with doing that. My info is not online.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandyl View Post
    I do like Easy Peasy and call my orders in. No problem with doing that. My info is not online.
    Your info is entered into the store's computer when it's called in. The card has to be verified so the info goes into a database. Being online has nothing to do with it.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    When I buy online, I always sign in as a guest so that my number disappears after it is verified. Buying gift cards or maintaining a seperate account sounds better.
    every cloud has a silver lining but sometimes it is hard to get to the mint

working on a scrappy UFO behind my Viking
    Blog Entries
    Have ordered from them several times and was always pleased...quality fabric
    Seattle Awaits
    If a quilter lives in your house you should never be cold.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast