Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Have you or are you having your mailbox smashed or targeted?? >

Have you or are you having your mailbox smashed or targeted??

Have you or are you having your mailbox smashed or targeted??

Old 08-26-2009, 12:26 AM

About 5 years ago, ours was getting the crap beat out of it every other day. We couldn't afford to keep replacing it. We called the po and asked them if we could have one made that was stronger. They gave us all the required dimensions and we had one built out of 1/4" sheet metal. The first night it was up, we had the windows in the house up and all we could hear was a hit to it and then a boy yelling "I think I broke my F***ing arm and hand. All it did to the mail box was chip a little paint off of it. Since then no kid has ever tried to hit it again. But it has ruined a few cars, after being hit by them by drunk drivers, so it wasn't our fault.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:27 AM

Well, ours seems to be holding up great lately...! I think we finally have scared them due to the camera being down there and letting it be known it was....(and, after the sherriff took their arrow in for prints!)and, I am hoping, but, am thinking the creep has moved out of his place, left his mommy and moved on and took his barking dog w/him. All is well today:)I highly recommend all that deal w/this situation non stop....go spend a few bucks at Bass Pro or such and buy the night time vision deer camera!! Put it on a t-post or a tree....kid or no kid....enough is enough unless you want to buy stock in mailbox companies:)Skeat who was getting hit 3-5times a week, plus trash can dumped over, etc