Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Heated Mattress Pad

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all the suggestions.My Sister had the same problem & found there are lots of unheated mattress pads made with stretchy sides that fit like a glove.She bought one & put it over the heated pad.Said it works great,no more hills & valleys

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    I use my electric blanket OVER my sheet, quilt, and bedspread, turned on High about 3-5 minutes before I get into bed and it warms my bed pretty well. I leave it on medium while I read, then turn it off to sleep. The few times I have forgotten to turn it off, I was too sweaty in the morning or when I did wake up.

I looked for these heated mattress pads a couple years ago and didn't find any under $100. It's nice to see they are more available now as I may have to replace my blanket in a couple years.

Jan in VA
    Pat C

I have one that I bought at Bed Bath and Beyond. I got this one about a year ago. It fits great and does not pull up. It was kinda expensive though, I think. Don't remember the "brand" but love it.
    I send my DH upstairs about an hour before I go to bed to "turn it on" for me so that it's warm when I crawl in!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Blog Entries
    I had a heated mattress pad for years and loved it, crawling into a warm bed at night when the Michigan winters can be so bitterly cold. I was very disappointed when we went to purchase our new theripedic mattress that relies on your body heat to conform to support you individually. The sales lady told me you should not use the heated pads on the mattress. I have found the best price on the pad are at Sears and even better when they have their winter white sales.

Where it is a mattress pad or fitted regular pad, I use a pair of men's suspenders between the mattress and springs. You will need help to put these on but they hold really well. Nothing I hate worse than wrinkles in my sheets.

Wonder if mattress clips would help hold it? Go to amazon.com and enter "mattress clips" for lots of options.

Don't know if you have Aldi's there but they have queen or king size heated mattress covers on sale starting today.
    Sharon
    God Bless You!

Blog Entries
    Try The Company Store...a little pricey but very good quality.
    Blessed Be
    Darlene

Quote Originally Posted by plainpat View Post
    Received one as a gift.Due to age/arthritis,it helps with aches & pains.The problem is,it doesn't fit well.Every morning it's a bunch of hills & valleys,due to shifting & very uncomfortable. Our old electric mattress pad was made like a fitted sheet & was tight as a drum.

The new one has some whatever on the sides,not fabric,but crinkly like newspaper.There's nothing fitted about it.Tried it for 10 days before returning it.

Does anyone know where to but the fitted type? I'd be so thankful. TIA

I think we got ours at amazon.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks.We do have Aldis,but I had already found one I liked from a local store.Just what I wanted.Thick padding (you don't feel the wires),best of all,it fits perfectly.There's fabric all the way around,with wide elastic edges.So I'm a happy camper

Quote Originally Posted by Shikadee View Post
    Don't know if you have Aldi's there but they have queen or king size heated mattress covers on sale starting today.
    Sharon
    Pat C

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2