Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
How about Thimble & Finch?
I really like this one :D:D:D
Your logo could be a quilted Finch
Old 02-01-2010, 10:24 AM

what about Quilt on the fly?
Old 02-01-2010, 10:40 AM

How about "The Quilting Finch", "For the Love of Finches & Quilting", "The Joy of Quilting & Finches", "Once Upon a Finch", or "A Finch in Time" (The Quilted Finch is good too *smiles*, I did a search and nothing came up.)

Some where on this forum there's a story as to how I came to name my business The Quilted Dove... wish I could find it for you. Color me strange, but birds seem to come it to my life in strange ways & in large numbers. Examples: when I was try'n to decide on a name for my business I had a dream about the worlds largest thrift store. As I was shop'n there was a crowd of ladies wearing the most beautiful evening gowns. I wanted to try one on, but I thought "They'll never fit me." Just then all the ladies turned in to doves! In my dream it felt like what I would imagine it would feel like to be wisked up by a warm fluffy cloud. In a blink the doves disappeared & I woke up thinking I should name my business "The Quilted Dove".

When my mother died, I seemed to be aware of large flocks of sparrows - it felt really weired. When my grand daughter was born, I noticed large flocks of birds too. I know it sounds strange & when it happen it feels really strange... in mythology, birds often symbolize hope - if there are no birds, there is no hope.

You probably already know what finches represent but just in case:

When finches come into our awareness it is a sure sign of ebullient times ahead. Finches are a sparkly omen of high energy and bright days on the horizon.

Consider their flight pattern. In the same way you can pick up on a person's character by his/her gait, we can do the same with a bird's flight. And, in the realm of symbolic interpretation, flight can give us a lot to work with in bird meaning.

Finches are never satisfied to just go from point A to point B. They seem to boogie from place to place. Bouncing and bobbing through air currents is big fun for these birds. Observing them just gives you a feeling of freedom and happiness.

Indeed, Native People of North America held the finch as a bird of happiness. They observed their variety and colors and considered this bird to be favored because they were painted in shades of bright joy. Furthermore, joyful dispositions and their obviously freedom-loving behaviors are admirable qualities much revered by our wise ancestors.

If that weren't enough, Native wisdom holds the finch as an oracle of celebration and upcoming festivities. These are song birds, and their music heralds the bounty of spring.

Indeed, the song of the finch is holds a great deal of symbolism. When the finch sings to our awareness it is a beckoning to unleash our own song. If we've been concealing our brilliance from the world - the finch is a sign to start making our value more audible and available to others.

The finch will sing lightly to your heart, and guide you on a bouncy path of creativity.

Its bird meaning deals with sociability too, and if the finch comes into your life it may be a signal to get more involved with social activities.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:55 AM

I have to say I immediately fell in love with Thimble & Finch, but I really like almost all of the suggestions. Can't think of anything of the quality of the suggestions already here.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:01 AM

I like Birdie's Quilting or The Quilting Birdie. I know it's like the dove one but that's my two cents.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:26 AM

I love the Thimble & Finch.

Also- thanks for the info on finches. They are my favorite bird. I only know I have a favorite bird because hubby asked me one day what birds I like the best that come to the feeders. He thought the cardinals because I was collecting cardinal fabric. I said, I really liked the little finches bescause of their color and how energetic they are.

Let us know what name you end up with.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:55 PM

The quilted nest? Feather Stiches?
Are the finches any particulat color? Thay could get worked in there
Old 02-02-2010, 08:44 AM

How about A Finch in Time
Old 02-02-2010, 08:47 AM

The Stitchin Finch
Hugs
April
Old 02-02-2010, 09:46 AM

You guys are great! I'm going to have a hard time deciding!!! Such fantastic suggestions!