Last night my kitty let me know he wasn't feeling well. When I went to get into bed, there were several slight wet spots. Then he jumped up on the bed and proceeded to show me he was having urination problems. This morning I got on-line and asked a vet what I should do. He suggested that I not wait until Tuesday to get him seen.
We have one emergency vet in town. When I called, the lady informed me that to basically walk in the door was going to cost $95. Well, ok. Any tests or procedures that they performed were extra. When I described his symptoms, she informed me that the cost could run between $800-$900 and more if they had to keep him until my vet opens on Tuesday.
When I informed her that I couldn't afford the costs, she advised that I "watch" him and if he gets any worse, to bring him in. Otherwise, wait until Tuesday and call my vet.
OK, I don't have $1,000+ -- but I love my kitty dearly and don't want him to be sick and/or die if I could have prevented it.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?? :cry: :cry: