Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hot Air Balloons

Blog Entries
    Last Thursday night hubby and I had to go to grocery store and on the way we say a hot air balloon. When I came out of the grocery store it was coming across the road so we parked and watched it land. Was so cool!

They were having a small festival and hot air balloons. So we drove over to the small town and got to see 3 more. We followed 2 of them in the car and watched them land. One of them landed on a golf course but the other one went further about another 8 miles in the country but we finally got to see it land. It landed at a farmers house in the front lawn.

Was awesome to see!

What fun!

Sound like fun. My 2nd sis used to live in that New Mexico town that I can't spell where they had the huge balloon festival. She used to send us pictures all the time. BEAUTIFUL!

For a really great hot air balloon festival, try to get to Albuquerque. It's really great.

We followed a balloon one day and it landed behind a school and was giving free rides. My son was about 4 at the time and he was petrified of the loud sound when they turned the hot air on, so he wouldn't go, but I went up with my daughter and I'm afraid of heights so it was too scary for me! I crouched down the whole time! LOL We went to a balloon festival a few years ago and I loved watching them all go up and fill the sky! It was gorgeous!

this is what a little of Albuquerque's looks like
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Are they not beautiful. I used to live near a balloon launch and in the summer saw them almost everyday. They are magnificent, but I don't think I would go in one.

One of my Bucket List items was always to ride in a hot air balloon. Several years ago my DH surprised me on my birthday with a ride. We were able to watch the sun set over the Pacific from the balloon, then had a strawberry and champagne ceremony after landing in a nice field. It was beyond wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by reach for the stars 2
    Are they not beautiful. I used to live near a balloon launch and in the summer saw them almost everyday. They are magnificent, but I don't think I would go in one.
    But that's how Dorthy got back to Kansas! (I don't think I could do it either!)

Blog Entries
    When our state fair opens up for the 1st day, they have hot air balloons. I have never been to it but want to go this year at Indianapolis, Indiana.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast