Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: How do we expect kids to listen.....

Blog Entries
    "How do you expect kids to listen to their parents when Tarzan lives half naked, Cinderella comes home at midnight, Pinocchio lies all the time, Alladin is the king of thieves, Batman drives at 200 mph, Sleeping Beauty is lazy, and Snow White lives with 7 guys. We shouldn't be surprised when they misbehave, they get it from their storybooks!"..

That's so true!! We're actually scrutinizing new disney movies - so many of them are teaching that it's actually a good thing to rebel against parental authority. So disappointing.

Blog Entries
    Ha!

yup so true

Quote Originally Posted by Airwick156
    "How do you expect kids to listen to their parents when Tarzan lives half naked, Cinderella comes home at midnight, Pinocchio lies all the time, Alladin is the king of thieves, Batman drives at 200 mph, Sleeping Beauty is lazy, and Snow White lives with 7 guys. We shouldn't be surprised when they misbehave, they get it from their storybooks!"..
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalmama
    That's so true!! We're actually scrutinizing new disney movies - so many of them are teaching that it's actually a good thing to rebel against parental authority. So disappointing.
    True, even today's cartoons are getting a little racy. My grandkids would watch some programs on Nickelodeon and the sassy mouths and manners were awful as well as the clothing they wore. This is why when the grandkids come over....no TV!! they can watch that trash at home.

dd
    I was surprised at how much Disney has changed. That was always a good wholesome Sunday evening family show when I was little. But lately the channel has changed into something I don't think Walt considered when he conceived the idea. Then again there has always been a lot of magic in everything they do ~ The Magic of Disney. Not a Christian value.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturalmama
    I started limiting the Disney movies about 10 years ago, when I realized that they were all about boys. I have 2 boys, but I fully believe they should be exposed to strong female leads. Disney has none, unless you want to be a princess. The movie that opened my eyes, however, was watching "Charlotte's Web" with my firstborn when he was young. The poor (female) spider is the clever one, coming up with a plan and successfully executing it, but the stupid (male) pig gets all the credit! I switched to letting my kids watch the Backyardigans and Rolie Polie Olie.

And what a thief Jack was when he climbed u the beanstalk. I was reading this story to my 4 yr old grandchild when I realised what a bad example he was.