Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many of You Wear Aprons? (I do!)

The Beautiful Willamette Valley In Oregon
    In a recent thread about what to give as a hostess gift, many of you suggested giving an apron. I l-o-v-e aprons and would not step into the kitchen without one, but I really don't know anyone who wears them except maybe us older folks, so I have hesitated making them for others, in spite of the great patterns that are out there right now. Comments, anyone?

Don't wear them, never have, never will.

Don't need one to sew and I try to avoid cooking.

I'm in my 40's and love my apron. Especially when I'm baking - I get covered in flour etc. And my 6yo ds loves his apron too - he loves to help cook.

I wear one when I have a lot of cooking going on, like I did preparing for yesterday's feastivities! I make one for myself for Christmas too. Sometimes they are just so durn handy to have on.

Blog Entries
    I used to wear them when I was raising a family and got away from it and don't anymore now. Don't know why I quit.

Blog Entries
    I love them. I only wear them when I am baking cookies at christmas. I think its a christmas thing I just have to have it on. lol. Also when I am frying anything. I have ruined one to many shirts so I wear the apron. I love making them as gifts. I made my DIL and GD matching ones. Have you seen the tutorial on Missouri quilt co. It is fun and fast to make

I love wearing my aprons!! I have worn one since I was a kid. My grandkids love theirs too. I have different ones for the seasons. My favorite, it an old blue one that my son made for me when he was i junior high.
    I think it would be a great hostess gift!

I wear them if I'm doing some cooking with flour. I love that some 'retro' aprons are coming out at Joann's. I think I'm going to sew one today. I will post a picture when I'm done.

PS - I wear my 1860s one with a bib that needs to be pinned on.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShirlR
    In a recent thread about what to give as a hostess gift, many of you suggested giving an apron. I l-o-v-e aprons and would not step into the kitchen without one, but I really don't know anyone who wears them except maybe us older folks, so I have hesitated making them for others, in spite of the great patterns that are out there right now. Comments, anyone?
    I don't wear one either but I love the retro ones. I made aprons for a charity silent auction last year and they were the rage!! They brought in more money that the quilted wallhanging I donated! I used Alexander Henry prints which were large scaled and the auction was held right before Halloween. . .
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 ... LastLast